Whiteline front sway bar install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hamishpotter

SILVER Star
Threads
I finally have my truck back after it's 2018-2019 solo tour of East Coast shops. Since installing King 2.5 resi's and since I already have LCP sway bar disconnects (which are really handy) I'm trying out a beefier sway bar for improving road handling. The thing is definitely beefy, and heavy. I installed it without lifting my truck and while lying on a slider, which was a breeze despite max 3" between me and the drivetrain. My only concern is the hair-thin gap between the bar and my left front control arm. I tried to move the bar slightly before tightening the bolts to the frame, but it's tight. I did a test-run late last night with my window open and did not hear any sounds of contact, but I'm going to look for any scratches after my next drive.

It feels more steady, less roll in turns.

hard to tell in this pic but the bar seems about twice as thick as stock:
20190415_233939.jpg

close to right control arm:
20190416_002145.jpg

tight:
20190416_002153.jpg

good fit into brackets
20190416_002212.jpg

Also changed oil earlier..

20190415_170600.jpg

Last edited:
Strongly consider Land tank heavy duty swaybar brackets. Many bracket failures with stock swaybars for guys that wheel their rigs. With the added stress of a HD swaybar I would not trust the stock bracket. Bad thing have happen when they break.

Thank you LCP - are you referring to the "2nd generation" disconnects on your site? I don't see an HD option..

No problem with our disconnects at all 1st or 2nd gen. The problem is where the bar connects to the axle, they break and bad things can happen.

I have the same bar. Left control arm is very close to left arm of sway bar (Even with an adjustable Panhard rod). Bar has been on for over a year, no evidence of contact ( 2-21/2 inch lift on the vehicle).

I too have this bar and noticed the super tight clearance next to the driver radius arm. However, in my case there is evidence of the bar making contact with the radius arm but nothing too drastic.

The OP has 2.5" of lift and his tight clearance is on the pass radius arm, this is interesting. But, the pic shows the tight clearance on the driver side (left) radius arm. :meh:

LXDOC has a 2.5" of lift and I have a 4" of lift.

Driver side spacing.JPG

Last edited:
OP here - I think I mentioned the tight clearance on the "left front" control arm (driver). It's tight on both sides but more on the driver's side based on my eye-balling it. 2.5" OME medium springs. So far no issues, more stable in the turns.

OP here - I think I mentioned the tight clearance on the "left front" control arm (driver). It's tight on both sides but more on the driver's side based on my eye-balling it. 2.5" OME medium springs. So far no issues, more stable in the turns.

Cool, thanks for the clarification. I seem to have an even half inch of clearance between the OEM sway bar and front radius arms and the OEM bar sits squarely in the middle.

I have superior engineering control arms, and the whiteline just barely touches also BUT dosnet hurt or infringe on anything even when fully flexxed out.

When I get the LT heavy duty front axle sway bar mounts, I'll reloate them so that the Whiteline front sway bar ends up being centered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom