White other than Cygnus White for roof top? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj moneypit

Cubic Zirconia Member
SILVER Star
Threads
Gonna have roof painted but Cygnus white seems to beige. Besides plain white, has anybody used a off white color that’s not to bright white and not to Cygnus beige? Looking for something in the middle. Pics and color codes would help. Thanks. I know I know, strange question.

I've read about people using Biscuit colored appliance paint, supposedly a good cheap alternative to the Cygnus.

I think you've got a valid concern. I went to a lot of effort years ago to powdercoat my spoked style wheels Cygnus White, only to realize that I wasn't going to be able to paint the bezel and cap the same color because it just wasn't white enough. I didn't think they were going to look right.

I don’t have pics but two of my fj40’s are white, one is Toyota code 033 which is pretty white, the other is 031, seems less white, more creamier.

8A0DE614-1FB0-41A9-845A-08CA78B063EA.jpeg

That pic was taken at night under fluorescent T-5 lamps @4100K.

Biscuit looks good, Cygnus is WAY too yellow IMO.

A color code is above my pay grade, I’m a rattle can expert.

Storage rack and lid were shot in 033 Limco supreme plus single stage

Running board shot in Cygnus using PPG Omni single stage. Note: I did add a splash of lily white to tone down the green hue of this particular batch of cygnus

Also pictured is original paint inside of a 1971 front door header. Rig is Cygnus white.

Nintendo Wii steering wheel not for sale:p
FCCF1ED4-6583-4FC0-A027-BA1EA5B8AC6A.jpeg

73E3E90E-F846-422C-8C14-63CA4A5684EA.jpeg

D3F864C2-162D-405D-B444-AB9112AB8CD8.jpeg

Last edited:
Storage rack and lid were shot in 033 Limco supreme plus single stage

Running board shot in Cygnus using ppg Omni. Note: I did add a splash of lily white to tone down the green hue of this particular batch of cygnus

Also pictured is original paint inside of a 1971 front door header. Rig is Cygnus white.

Nintendo Wii steering wheel not for sale:p
View attachment 2034212

View attachment 2034213

View attachment 2034215
Perfect. Thanks for pics and paint codes.

It depends on the main body color of course, but I’ve never seen a factory color that the factory roof color looked odd with. The issue comes when you look at the white roof color without any reference to the main body color. It can look very beige until it’s contrasted with the body color. Once you have the two side by side. It looks great.

That said, I’ve never seen ANY body color on a 40 series look good with a white roof that’s too white. It just doesn’t look right to the eye.

And another thing - never go by an internet photo to determine what you want for paint. It’s never going to be a close enough representation to what you’ll actually see in person with natural lighting. Find somebody locally to see it in person. That reminds me, I have to pull my dune beige 40 out of storage for a couple local guys who need to see it in person before deciding on pint color.

And another thing - never go by an internet photo to determine what you want for paint. It’s never going to be a close enough representation to what you’ll actually see in person with natural lighting

That.

It depends on the main body color of course, but I’ve never seen a factory color that the factory roof color looked odd with. The issue comes when you look at the white roof color without any reference to the main body color. It can look very beige until it’s contrasted with the body color. Once you have the two side by side. It looks great.

That said, I’ve never seen ANY body color on a 40 series look good with a white roof that’s too white. It just doesn’t look right to the eye.

And another thing - never go by an internet photo to determine what you want for paint. It’s never going to be a close enough representation to what you’ll actually see in person with natural lighting. Find somebody locally to see it in person. That reminds me, I have to pull my dune beige 40 out of storage for a couple local guys who need to see it in person before deciding on pint color.

Completely agree, computer screens render color very differently than natural light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom