White Knuckle Slider options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy,
I am curious what anybody might think about the options available for white knuckle sliders. I am buying white knuckle because they are the only sliders I've seen that can bolt on with the drop brackets on my man a fre lift kit. I have a 97 fzj80 with flares and mud flaps, but if the trail takes my flares, they can have them and I'll go flareless without mudflaps but I don't want to mess with it until they are broken.
White Knuckle options:

1) Shorter sliders to accomodate flaps vs. longer sliders and cutting flaps to fit for everyday driving. I am wondering if I eventually go flareless, will the 2.5" shorter be a mistake?

2) Powdercoat for 100 bucks vs. rattle can

3) Diamond plate top vs. open standard slider. Mud trap vs. kiddo trip hazard?

All decisions are based primarily on function with looks as secondary. Thanks for any input.

I would save the $100 and hit em with some Hammerite or another good quality paint. Also maybe skip the diamond plate and you/ have someone weld in expanded metal to the back as a step for the kids. But that is just me.

Thanks for the advice guys about rattle can vs. powder coat. What about short vs. long? I plan on riding this rig pretty hard, but mostly sober ;), is it a given that I will rip off these flares?

Thanks for the advice guys about rattle can vs. powder coat. What about short vs. long? I plan on riding this rig pretty hard, but mostly sober ;), is it a given that I will rip off these flares?

Here's my White Knukle: Long version, even that is not as long as I expected, you can still pull front mud flap, rattle canned to the color of my choice (rather than black). Recommend the DOM tubing for stronger beefy look. No diamond plate.

RegisteryPhoto.jpg

Last edited:
sorry for the double posting, can't figure out how to delete a post.

Last edited:
While on the trails, I lost one rear mud flap, and damaged one front (pulled out some screws and touched exh). In my opinion take the flairs off for the trails as they aren't cheap to replace.

Sliders ordered

White knuckle sliders ordered, longer version, bare metal, Dom tubing, no diamond plate. thanks for the help guys.

What kind of time did they quote you for delivery? I would love to have some before GSMTR in May, but I am not sure I have time to get them in 4 weeks, +\-

And I have resigned myself to the fact that I am not going to have my welder wired and have time to build some before then, plus the price is pretty hard to beat. And best of all, they actually make them for the 91-92 model years!!

I believe he said about two weeks to build them, then however long for shipping.

Yep, I talked to John today, he said two weeks plus shipping for bare DOM sliders.

Probably will get a pair ordered tomorrow so they will be here in time for me to get them painted and mounted before GSMTR in May.

You get you sliders yet? just curious, I got shipping notification on mine today, should be here next Monday.

Sliders arrived today to the dismay of the UPS guy. He didn't cuss me too bad since I helped him get them off the truck and into my 4Runner. I had to remove the rear seat bottom so I could slide them in all the way and strap them down.
ForumRunner_20130422_212250.jpg

Well packaged. Took me almost 30 minutes to get them out of the box and unwrapped.
ForumRunner_20130422_212235.jpg

I picked up a couple cans of gloss black, but after getting them out and opened up, I think I am just going to clear the wee out of them and bolt them up in natural steel.

ForumRunner_20130422_212221.jpg
Played with the edit function on my phone to get the sepia image...

ForumRunner_20130422_212221.jpg

ForumRunner_20130422_212235.jpg

ForumRunner_20130422_212250.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom