White Knuckle 66.5" or 69"? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ewillis

SILVER Star
Threads
Bout to place the order. Need to determine if I want to go 66.5 (easy for mud flap retention) or 69 (full coverage). Looking for pics of a lifted 80 with either. Specifically, if anyone has the 69" with notched mudflaps that would be much appreciated. TIA...:beer:

Go 69". That extra little bit of protection could sya some day. I actually just ordered them around April 10th, can't wait! I went 69", angled at 10 degrees for a little better "step", and the rear plate to hopefully keep my kids feet from getting caught in the bars.

Go 69". That extra little bit of protection could sya some day. I actually just ordered them around April 10th, can't wait! I went 69", angled at 10 degrees for a little better "step", and the rear plate to hopefully keep my kids feet from getting caught in the bars.

So are you deleting the mudflaps? Also, what is the standard degree of angle?

So are you deleting the mudflaps? Also, what is the standard degree of angle?
Not sure yet to be honest. I had thought of notching them, but I'll wait until I get them installed before I decide. I also bought some cheap universal one to try before I hack up the oem ones. 20 degrees is standard.

In my build thread there is a blown up version of my avatar that shows full length white knuckle sliders

I have the long ones with top plates on mine and I can get close up pics tomorrow if you'd like. Super stout! Ignore the flat tire in one of those photos... duratrac sidewall sliced in Lockhart basin, plugged and held air for the next two days up over elephant hill and back
IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3827.JPG

IMG_3833.JPG

IMG_3846.JPG

These ar 69in and I think they could have been a couple inches longer in the front.

20170504_190426.jpg

Just got a set in march. I went with bare steel and 69 inches long DOM tubing...no front mud flaps. Are you going to pick them up or have them delivered? 10% off order price for cash pick up :bounce:

Just got a set in march. I went with bare steel and 69 inches long DOM tubing...no front mud flaps. Are you going to pick them up or have them delivered? 10% off order price for cash pick up :bounce:

Oh really...didn't know that! Picking up as he's about 45 minutes from me. Thinking I'm just going with the 66.5 though. I want to keep the mudflaps and can't find an image of a clean notch.

Oh really...didn't know that! Picking up as he's about 45 minutes from me. Thinking I'm just going with the 66.5 though. I want to keep the mudflaps and can't find an image of a clean notch.
I'd still recommend the long ones because if you need a slider the mud flaps are going to get torn off anyways and if you order with the top plates and keep the flares on you don't get too much spray down the side of the truck as you can see in these photos. Last two are from the same trip. Below the Utah sign was from Fort Collins up over Vail pass in the snow with a lot of gravel/sand on the road heading to moab. hardly any on the truck and the photo was after wheeling a muddy trail near breckenridge. First snow of the season back in September at 12,000 feet.

IMG_3066.JPG

IMG_3641.JPG

IMG_3722.JPG

Go 69", a sharp utility knife will trim the flaps to fit snug.

IMG_20130503_165656_716.jpg

Also, don't worry about trimming the OE flap. It's not likely that you will pull the sliders if you ever were to sell the rig. Start with a little and just trim until they fit clean.

Last edited:
69 is always better. I don't know what took you so long to figure it out.

Are you guys sure about the 10% discount for cash pick up?

Yeah, I'm sure they're still offering it. I inquired about picking up a set of sliders about 2 months ago and was pleasantly surprised when they told me about the 10% off as well. Must be paid in cash though. I didn't use the website to place an order, just emailed with John. He was very nice!

Can someone post a pic of the most forward mount to frame on the passenger side area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom