Wanted White or Desert Dune Collector’s Edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup, you heard it right. Yet another person looking for a clean 1997 80 Series.

I just sold my built 200 Series, and I’ve been bitten by the 80 Series bug.

I am wanting one in white, close to stock, fairly well maintained, and factory e-lockers.

Please let me know if you have something that fits that description or know someone who does.

Can someone point me to a Cruiser Head in the Asheville area that could lay eyes on this for me?

So you finally sold Fat Amy ? have to say while I loved my 200 and the power it had, the 80 I picked up has so much soul..... it's like coming home..... and ironically my wife likes it far better than the 200....

Cheers & good luck in your hunt - I'll keep my eyes open locally...

E

Thanks man! Yes, sad to see it go, but excited about a new chapter in Cruiser ownership.

I am wanting one in white, close to stock, fairly well maintained, and factory e-lockers.

Please let me know if you have something that fits that description or know someone who does.

I have a '96 LX450 that is white with tan leather interior. About 158k miles. Timing belt changed at 93k. More new replacement parts as well. It has front, rear and center diff lockers. Sunroof. New stereo with hands-free bluetooth for phone conversations or asking Siri questions; SiriusXM satellite radio. 2-2.5 inch lift via new IronMan suspension. Michelin tires with lots of tread on them. I have the original stereo, also.

Sorry @AndRoll

Looking for an LC, not LX.

Thanks for reaching out to me though.

Last edited:
Bump

Andrew have you thought about looking for an unlocked one? Thats the route I took and now i'm building the hell outta the axles and diffs - you can do the work

Andrew have you thought about looking for an unlocked one? Thats the route I took and now i'm building the hell outta the axles and diffs - you can do the work

I have. But looking for what will be the best investment, and a factory locked one will always fetch a premium over a modified one.

I've found it to be a fractional difference in the grand scheme, if at all and depends on the buyer. you could be right but i'd never admit it.

Well, I think it is safe to say that I found my truck I was looking for. Purchased today. It’s a white, Locked, Collector’s Edition. Arizona truck. 3 owners. 4 pages of carfax with lots of regular maintenance. No red flags. Clean clean clean!

BBDD68EF-C361-4128-A81E-20FB63CE08D7.jpeg
21126363-E87F-4606-8C39-6F3F608CE005.jpeg
86199E2C-7E8E-4816-A1A5-00F4D89978C6.jpeg

Andrew, well done and Congrats! Let it now be documented that I call " 1st in line " for when you decide to sell. I AM NOT JOKING.

HOW?!?!

I have been on the search for a locked CE for months now. Lucky find and congrats! Paint me jealous and put me in line behind @parker019 . I AM ALSO NOT JOKING.

Looks beautiful. Can I ask what you paid?

I was on it within hours of posting.

Paid a bit too much I’m afraid, but it’s what I wanted, and its just a few thousand more than I wanted to spend, and at the end of the day, all that really matters is that I am happy. Seller was asking around $17,000. I got him down to $15,000.

Last edited:
Congrats !! was just about to send you a local listing on a clean LX....

what are the plans for a build ?

Congrats !! was just about to send you a local listing on a clean LX....

what are the plans for a build ?

No real build. Maybe tires, and a 2” lift. That’ll be it. It’s too nice of an example to modify.

that's great ! I jsut installed the OME 2" med and with 315's it's a perfect DD.... trying not to fall down that slope again ....

E

that's great ! I jsut installed the OME 2" med and with 315's it's a perfect DD.... trying not to fall down that slope again ....

E

Need to see pics. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom