White 80 in Reynoldstown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am going to start working on a meetup. As of right now I am thinking Gate City Brewery in downtown Roswell. We would need to piggy back on one of their days/nights they are already open to the public. Parking is apparently a challenge. If we do a Sunday afternoon there, we may be able use the Wells Fargo parking lot next door. I am thinking sometime in mid September, like maybe 9/15 or 9/22.

Smitty

Parking at Gate City is a no go unfortunately. Kinda rules it out as an option. Monday Night Garage has massive parking. Not as convenient for the out of towners though. Sweetwater has ample parking too.

I like Sunday 9/15

No doubt the Gate City parking issue has to be overcome, but I might have a plan for that. Just won't know if it will work until I make a few calls.

Sweetwater was going to be my backup. I just don't know if they are open to public more than they used to be. I think they used to only be open on Wednesdays. I have a great parking lot near there that we could have to ourselves as well (it is a few buildings down Ottley from SW).

I will figure something out. I really want to make this happen to meet some ATLien 80s.

I’m down for whatever and where ever. Glad it’s all coming together though. It should be a good time!

Other than the 1st weekend (I'll be in Uwharrie), I'm pretty open for September weekends.

Is Sweetwater still full of frat-boys on the weekend?

Other than the 1st weekend (I'll be in Uwharrie), I'm pretty open for September weekends.

Is Sweetwater still full of frat-boys on the weekend?
Lol, probably, but we can ignore them and have our own parking lot 😎.

Now if you get this group and the group in the thread below together we have a nice sized Georgia group.

Now if you get this group and the group in the thread below together we have a nice sized Georgia group.
No doubt, I will create a new thread and link it in both of the current threads that have been discussing it.

All right, an official event thread has been created. Please post up here if you plan to attend:

Smitty

would be great. there are more than enough mildly built rigs to make a big group within the Ga Cruisers club that would greatly compliment the already active "hardcore' guys. The challenge is finding common locations to get together, "Big tire" rigs dont do forest service roads and the built-stock guys are (im guessing) intimidated by the parks.

It must be emphasized that there is FAR MORE to wheeling than wheeling. The social aspect of wheeling is as big a part (if not bigger) that inclludes camping, campfire stories, lies told around dinner tables etc.

Also, perhaps what i not well known is many of the park offer mild trails, they just dont get the publicity that the hard trails do. Some of the more favorite parks are (in order of preference): Choccolocco, Hawk Pride, AOP, Windrock etc.

Totally agree Ted. :steer:

I haven't met anyone in a wagon who was intimidated by parks as a whole, provided the park offers trails that are in line with the capabilities of the drivers and trucks. I'm way up for a park weekend trip. I'll try anything that doesn't result in body damage or unavoidable breakage.

While I don't disagree with the premise of why, big tire trucks not doing service roads or light trails isn't the same as milder trucks not doing more agressive stuff- one is a choice, the other is a physical capability limitation. Even as a mildly built roadgoer, I still don't love riding a dirt road for the sake of riding a dirt road- give me something interesting. Ideally, a whole spectrum of trucks could show to up a park together, socialize on the off-time and split into similar groups for the actual rides. I think that'd be sweet. I'm probably one of very few without kids and weekend responsibilities, and that may be a big factor in how many of the more mild trucks we can scare up to commit to a full weekend trip.

Ideally, a whole spectrum of trucks could show to up a park together, socialize on the off-time and split into similar groups for the actual rides. I think that'd be sweet.

I think that Ted's entire point was what you said here. I took it as let's hang out together even if we go our separate ways on the trails.

I personally have no problem running hard stuff (that my 35s can handle). I don't like wrenching very much even though I have done my fair share...therefore I try hard not to stress my 80s capabilities to decrease the need for wrenching.

Smitty

Ted is correct. I don't mind wheeling. I don't want to make a raisin out of either the FJC or the 200. I don't really want to break it because I drive it home. I have no problem wrenching on it. I spent most of my adult life pulling wrenches on medium and big trucks. I want to chase spares down before I need them and have not had a chance to do that. I will have more flexibility soon because the younger step kid starts college in a couple of weeks. I have dogs and a GF

Ted is correct. I don't mind wheeling. I don't want to make a raisin out of either the FJC or the 200. I don't really want to break it because I drive it home. I have no problem wrenching on it. I spent most of my adult life pulling wrenches on medium and big trucks. I want to chase spares down before I need them and have not had a chance to do that. I will have more flexibility soon because the younger step kid starts college in a couple of weeks. I have dogs and a GF

Ive been doing this for going on 11 years (o_Oo_O) and pretty much describes where the Ga Cruisers was when
I got involved, lots and lots of hard wheeling FJs. Then the recession hit and all that went away.

Anyway, inclusion is exactly my point. Just because I wheel a wrinkled up rig does NOT mean I'm averse to those who dont. There is more than enough room around our campfire for everyone, hell we even made room for @tgreco :moon:

few pics from the "good ole days" in 2008. I have tons of these pics.

IMG_0580 (2017_03_07 13_55_08 UTC).JPG
P1040072 (2017_03_07 13_55_08 UTC).JPG
IMG_0837 (2017_03_07 13_55_08 UTC).JPG
P1040119 (2017_03_07 13_55_08 UTC).JPG

Ah, the recession.

I miss college...

After the first weekend in September (and outside of one weekend in October) I'd love to do a weekend at a park. Fall is perfect for mountain activities.

Ive been doing this for going on 11 years (o_Oo_O) and pretty much describes where the Ga Cruisers was when
I got involved, lots and lots of hard wheeling FJs. Then the recession hit and all that went away.

Anyway, inclusion is exactly my point. Just because I wheel a wrinkled up rig does NOT mean I'm averse to those who dont. There is more than enough room around our campfire for everyone, hell we even made room for @tgreco :moon:

few pics from the "good ole days" in 2008. I have tons of these pics.

I'm pretty sure you guys just wanted someone with an intact bed to throw all your spent beer cans in :flipoff2:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom