whining sound when pushing CDL button (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I get the LX470 back after a stereo install. Mysteriously the CDL light is on after their installation yet I dropped the truck off with diff lock disengaged. Mysterious because I dropped the truck off with the upper center stack out of the car (I'm converting to a 3 dial climate system).

Anyway, I temporarily plugged the 3 dial system into the truck (it's been tested before in the truck before the stereo install). I attempt to disengage the CDL. No luck.

Crap! Nothing but a high pitch sound. Almost sounded like a grinding noise though.

Thoughts? I'm wondering if they tapped some of the wires in the harness incorrectly or something similar? I drop home with CDL engaged but for short 5 miles and was going out of my way to make wide long turns to ease the torque on the drive system.

HELP! Where do I even check first.

I'm still buying that. Hard to get across town without a car. Hold on to that part!

Also, I'm thinking the sound is not mechanical. More like an electrical sound. Or similar to an electric motor that's whining but not working correctly. The whine isn't consistent and even happens when the truck is stopped and idling.

In fact, mechanically I think the diff is ok. It's "appears" to just not be releasing the diff lock. There are no problems driving the truck. No sounds, chirps, pops, clunks.

I'm still buying that. Hard to get across town without a car. Hold on to that part!

Also, I'm thinking the sound is not mechanical. More like an electrical sound. Or similar to an electric motor that's whining but not working correctly. The whine isn't consistent and even happens when the truck is stopped and idling.

In fact, mechanically I think the diff is ok. It's "appears" to just not be releasing the diff lock. There are no problems driving the truck. No sounds, chirps, pops, clunks.

Darin, you can go to my mechanic! He specializes in Toyotas! Alvin's Auto Center in milpitas!

Thanks buddy. I may need him if the mudders don't have some tips for me.

bumping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom