Whining noise on passenger side beneath glove compartment. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I get a whining noise behind my glove apartment that goes away when the car is on. When I turn the car off, the noise comes back. I first noticed the noise when I came out to my car and inside was really warm and foggy. I have no idea if that’s because the temperature changes but I’ve never had that before. The AC unit has been leaking water on the passenger side floor so I am not sure if it has to do with that.

All functionality on my AC unit is intact, all temperatures are correct. When I turn the engine off with keys in the ignition the noise is not there, however once I remove the key from ignition computer turns off and the noise comes back. Any ideas?

Whining could be from the blower housing being dirty and the water leaking is the gasket cover on the evap. Both are covered on the forum if you search. Ive had both problems.

The water issue is dirty drain for the evaporator... Check this out.

Mine just started to do the same chirp/whining noise on the blower... I need to do this.

@Biga27110 and @rrc swb thanks for the tips. So the leak on the ground is definitely the Evap gasket, just ordered the part and will replace. You both are awesome for the links.

Regarding the noise; I had 3 other gearhead med students checking it out and we came to the conclusion it sounded like a bad relay that was still pulling volts from the battery when the car was off. Further investigation the engine bay showed the engine cowl was shot, and the hole that was supposed to be filled by a cowl clip was exposed on the passenger side and slight water was getting in (we just had crazy rain here in SW VA). That hole led through the firewall into the passenger dash area and my guess was wetting some electronics. What made me think of that was how stupid humid the car was in relation to outside when I opened the door.

This morning I reattached the battery, turned the car on/off, checked AC and NAV, and there was no noise at all. The car has been dry and there is no moisture around today. Have continually checked it since and there its still quiet. Below is a link from YouTube to the noise I was hearing. I will replace the cowl when it comes in next week. We are getting more rain here in the next few days and I've ducted taped the cowl down so we will see if that stops it.

If I am way off or if that noise is what you heard in your rigs and was something else, let me know. Really odd that the noise would go away when CPU/car is on, is independent of AC or anything else, and would go off when battery was unattached.

Really appreciate the help, recently swapped from my 06 4Runner to my 04 LC100 so I am new to this forum.

@Biga27110 and @rrc swb thanks for the tips. So the leak on the ground is definitely the Evap gasket, just ordered the part and will replace. You both are awesome for the links.

Regarding the noise; I had 3 other gearhead med students checking it out and we came to the conclusion it sounded like a bad relay that was still pulling volts from the battery when the car was off. Further investigation the engine bay showed the engine cowl was shot, and the hole that was supposed to be filled by a cowl clip was exposed on the passenger side and slight water was getting in (we just had crazy rain here in SW VA). That hole led through the firewall into the passenger dash area and my guess was wetting some electronics. What made me think of that was how stupid humid the car was in relation to outside when I opened the door.

This morning I reattached the battery, turned the car on/off, checked AC and NAV, and there was no noise at all. The car has been dry and there is no moisture around today. Have continually checked it since and there its still quiet. Below is a link from YouTube to the noise I was hearing. I will replace the cowl when it comes in next week. We are getting more rain here in the next few days and I've ducted taped the cowl down so we will see if that stops it.

If I am way off or if that noise is what you heard in your rigs and was something else, let me know. Really odd that the noise would go away when CPU/car is on, is independent of AC or anything else, and would go off when battery was unattached.

Really appreciate the help, recently swapped from my 06 4Runner to my 04 LC100 so I am new to this forum.

I didnt understand your previous post. Its only the blower motor if your fan is on. This isnt the case for you. It sounds like you have it figured out. 👍

That sound it's not what I was expecting.

Glad to see you guys figured it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom