"While you're in there's" dropping fuel tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
Here fairly soon I'm going to be dropping the fuel tank in my LC. I'm replacing the e-brake cable and this is the reason why I'm doing it. I am also replacing the LSPV. Is there anything you guys recommend I replace or do while its off the rig? If you can provide part numbers, that'd be great, if not, I'll look the diagram. TIA :cheers:

The long hard brake lines running from front to rear.

ok, so did this last summer on a new england rig. It was ugly. But I was able to replace brake lines and fuel system tubes that you won't be able to get to without taking the tank out. I also did the LSPV bracket and valve. I made my own long brake lines using the old ones as templates (get the OEM nuts). I managed to find the fuel system high pressure and return OEM tubes available from Toyota and get them shipped. I replaced all of the OEM tube and brake line clips and retainers that I could. The fuel system tubes were by far the worst to pull and back fit but it is doable without removing much more than the retainers after the tank is out. Be patient and work them out and back in individually. I also dropped the rear drive shaft and muffler for extra elbow room. If you're really motivated I recommend unbolting the body up to the forward end of the front doors and lifting it to replace the fuel filler tube and hoses too. It really isn't that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom