While You’re In There - Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Road Apple

SILVER Star
Threads
Have the interior out for a few things…Kilmat, Noice Red heat barrier, 1/0 AWG wire to the QPM, and fuel pump/sock replacement.

Found a small white hard plastic piece rolling around when the shift console came out. Not sure what it is. No obvious place for it.

Anything else to replace or upgrade while I have everything torn out?

CD0A7D27-192F-41BB-9615-7B8E656D2DE1.jpeg

80E3DCAA-EE0B-46AB-81C2-6DCAA37BECEE.jpeg

1B664D82-E280-4D7D-A423-380C6771B0E6.jpeg

CFDDE723-6A86-4B53-88A9-132AD43F4179.jpeg

Have the interior out for a few things…Kilmat, Noice Red heat barrier, 1/0 AWG wire to the QPM, and fuel pump/sock replacement.

Found a small white hard plastic piece rolling around when the shift console came out. Not sure what it is. No obvious place for it.

Anything else to replace or upgrade while I have everything torn out?

View attachment 2724248

View attachment 2724249

View attachment 2724250

View attachment 2724251
Lube your shift lever mechanisms under the rubber boots to keep them loose and easy to move. Particularly the 4WD lever.

G
Lube your shift lever mechanisms under the rubber boots to keep them loose and easy to move. Particularly the 4WD lever.
Great suggestion…will do. Any particular grease you like for that area?

Dow Corning makes a silicon based valve lube and seal that doesn’t dry up.

The plastic piece clips in where the shift override button would go.

You can see it in this post.

Are you keeping the LX center console?

This is the time to replace the shifter to body gasket/boot and while the shifter is removed you can replace the linkage bushings and other related hardware.

Are you keeping the LX center console?
Yes, I’m keeping the LX console. I have a Wits’ End lock box installed.

I’m looking at installing a smallish inverter where the CD changer was.

The Delta VS shifter and center console look very nice, but not happening now.

Last edited:
This is the time to replace the shifter to body gasket/boot and while the shifter is removed you can replace the linkage bushings and other related hardware.
Hadn’t heard about this mod. Will start researching it. OEM or aftermarket gasket/boot? Have part numbers laying around by chance? You have this in your truck? Pics?

I’m referring to the rubber divider installed at the factory. It seals the hole in the floor. Wasn’t suggesting any modifications.

I’m referring to the rubber divider installed at the factory. It seals the hole in the floor. Wasn’t suggesting any modifications.
Thanks for clarifying. Good suggestion. I’ll order one up.

G

Great suggestion…will do. Any particular grease you like for that area?

Dow Corning makes a silicon based valve lube and seal that doesn’t dry up.
I don't suggest anything in particular.

If I was doing mine, I would probably use white lithium grease.

Sound deadener on as many flat body panels as possible, and thermal insulation on the floor pan too
Sound deadener and thermal insulation to the underside of the roof makes a big difference too, but may not be worth the effort of removing the hood lining

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom