Which Wire is the power on the cig. lighter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Title just about says it: Previously had my CB remote lead going through my radio so the radio had to be on so the CB work (not so bright, I know), anyone know which of the wires is the correct one to use, this is for the remote lead of the cb, hard power line is run straight to the battery. If nothing I'll check each wire (think there are 3 or 4), but thought I'd ask first.
Thanks in advance

-Sam-

Do you have a 12V tester? Screw driver lookin' thing with a light in the handle- that's the easiest way to find out.

If I had a 12v tester would I be asking Doc?
that's a negative on the tester

Sorry, thought you were trying to just get a 'quick' answer.

Anyway- the 12v tester is a valuable tool. For the $5 they cost, very valuable. And, no- off of the top of my head I can't tell you either.

Based on what I read in the EWD:

It looks like the power to the clock and cigarteete lighter is the grey (GR) wire. Ground is the white with black stripe (W-B).

C 6 CIGARETTE LIGHTER
2-GROUND : APPROX. 12 VOLTS WITH THE IGNITION SW AT ACC OR ON POSITION
1-GROUND : ALWAYS CONTINUTIY

You should be able to tap into the grey wire between the fuse panel and the clock/lighter at junction connector J3 which is located behind the left handed drivers side air vent (if you don't want to make a splice).

FYI - the blue with a yellow stripe (L-Y) wire into the clock is a constant power.

C 9 CLOCK
3-GROUND : ALWAYS APPROX. 12 VOLTS (POWER FOR CLOCK)

Charlie

Doc said:
Sorry, thought you were trying to just get a 'quick' answer.

Anyway- the 12v tester is a valuable tool. For the $5 they cost, very valuable. And, no- off of the top of my head I can't tell you either.

Doc,
Didn't mean what I said in a bad way, thank you for the help, I should purchase a 12v tester.

Charlie thank you for your help and info.

-Sam-

PKP80 said:
Doc,
Didn't mean what I said in a bad way

I didn't take it that way. No foul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom