which winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
will a Warn m8000 winch be enough to recover a 100 buried up to the frame in mud ? or should i consider a larger winch ?

Dont know about that, pulled a F250 diseal with a huge aftermarket steel bed and aux 50 gallon take out of the mud last weekend with my M8000. Straight out. The 250 was very close to the frame. and the tires were suctioned pretty good.

Not saying a m1200 and snatch wouldnt be helpful but that seems a little excessive.

lol...excessive is a M12000 on a 40, which i have on mine...

I would say 8000lb winch would do the job in SOME cases, but i wouldnt put one on a 100. It would also depend on what brand of winch you plan on going with as well..

I'd do an M8000 on a 100. I have an XD9000 on mine. The reason why I'd do the 8000 is weight. The M8000 is a pretty darn good winch.

I swapped M12 to M8, both for weight (50# lighter), cost, and my own needs. I've tried to pull a frame deep stuck 80 with a 9k winch and it wouldn't budge, even with a block on it.

How deep are your pockets and how much extra weight are you willing to carry?

Deep pockets + I don't care about weight = M12
Budget + weight conscious = M8

will a Warn m8000 winch be enough to recover a 100 buried up to the frame in mud ? or should i consider a larger winch ?

Depends on how sticky the mud.
Get something bigger if it won't break the bank. 9000or 9500. Also buget for a good recovery kit with tree strap, D-rings, and snatch block. A winch with-out that stuff us not so useful. General rule is to 1.5X weight of truck. I stalled 9000lb warn a couple times in snow before getting a snatchblock.

If you really get stuck in that much mud you're gonna need to get the t-case output seals replaced. Ask me how I know? My advice is stay out of the mud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom