Which wheel spacers - Tacoma 16” steelies on FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jesus888

SILVER Star
Threads
Which wheel spacers should I purchase
The application is for putting Tacoma 16” steelies on an FJ62

I’m not trying to “get flush” or anything… I just want to these steelies to fit like the OEM wheels… so the spacers should makeup for the incorrect offset of these wheels.

Link for the wheels in question: HERE

Also just for the record, I’m purchasing some clips for FJ40 hubcaps to weld onto the wheels before I paint em gray and some OEM hubcaps to slap on these wheels. Kinda costly but I like the look!

Thoughts? And advice on what size wheel spacers I’ll need along with where to get em!

Clips: HERE
Hubcaps: HERE

I run same wheels but the 17" version and I use 1.25" spidertrax spacers. No problems

I run same wheels but the 17" version and I use 1.25" spidertrax spacers. No problems
There’s someone in the classifieds section selling 1.25” spacers but they’re the ones that late model Toyota’s, same bolt pattern but I believe with hub centric rings? Will that work? Or no bueno?

Link to what’s available in the classifieds: Spidertrax

Link to what I THINK I need (someone please confirm): Also Spidertrax

There’s someone in the classifieds section selling 1.25” spacers but they’re the ones that late model Toyota’s, same bolt pattern but I believe with hub centric rings? Will that work? Or no bueno?

Link to what I THINK I need (someone please confirm): Also Spidertrax

Yes those are the ones I bought at Spidertrax (Link above). They list them for FJ40.... same ones and they work for my FJ62 the same. I don't know if the classified link of older FJ Cruisers spacers would work?

Also just to circle back, I ended up picking up 70-series wheels new from Toyota… not spacers needed. And I’ll get em on the 62 soon with some 33” geolander rubber!

Also just to circle back, I ended up picking up 70-series wheels new from Toyota… not spacers needed. And I’ll get em on the 62 soon with some 33” geolander rubber!

I have a set of 315/75/16 tires already, and from what I have heard, the 70 series wheel may be too narrow for my tire...

For spacers, you need a minimum 108mm hub bore to clear up front and M12x1.5 threaded studs to match factory (to use your existing lug nuts).

Under 1.25" spacer you may also have to cut down your existing studs if I'm not mistaken.

I have a set of 315/75/16 tires already, and from what I have heard, the 70 series wheel may be too narrow for my tire...
Ya, I settled on 255/85/16s most likely because I'm short and stout and needed some more tall and skinny in my life ;)

But really, I put some wider 31s (285/70/17) on my FJ80 previously, and I just felt that the wheels and tires were sooooo heavy and probably added to the sluggishness of the inline 6, so conversely, I figured that some skinnier tires (with the same height - I got Geolander M/T G003s) would accomplish the same goal in terms of the height I wanted with the 2.5" lift but not be so heavy.

I haven't gotten the tires even mounted on the wheels yet (all sitting in the garage til the 62 gets home) but I've moved the tires around a handful of times, and it's very clear that they are lighter, which can only help that 3FE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom