Which vehicle mounted compressor (OBA) are you using? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
Threads
So I have been wanting to mount a compressor under my hood since I got Alita. I have an older Viair 88p that I used on my 60 and did a decent job of pumping up my 31s but now that Alita runs 33s and in the future I may run something slightly larger, I am looking at getting a compressor that won't take me 30 minutes to air up my tires and won't take up space inside the rig (so no CO2 tanks or anything).

With that being said, I plan to get the Owl Expeditions mount and will likely put either the ARB Twin Compressor or the ARB Single (CKMA12) compressor.
From the reviews on them the twin would be the best as it can air up 33's in about 1 minute a piece with the CKMA12 doing in about 2 1/2 minutes each.

Compressor will be specifically for this as if I do EVER go with a front locker, I will get a Harrop/Eaton e-locker for the front to be powered by an 80series dual switch (seeing as Alita is a 98 with stock rear e-locker).

Anyways, what is everyone using for OBA?

I have the ARB CKMA12 Single shoehorned next to the airbox. It is quieter and smoother than the Viar in my Jeep. The ARB single does take a couple of minutes per tire to go from 12psi to 34psi.

I have the ARB CKMA12 Single shoehorned next to the airbox. It is quieter and smoother than the Viar in my Jeep. The ARB single does take a couple of minutes per tire to go from 12psi to 34psi.
Right... most of the reviews I saw was about 2.5 minutes from about 12-14psi to 34-38psi.
My viair takes about 3 minutes on the first two tires, but as the compressor heats up from usage it takes longer and longer... Usually from starting the first to the last is a good 30 minutes, and can take longer if it is hot out.

I'm looking to get my GM A6 compressor working again. I can buy a refurbished one for ~$250 but I'm doubtful I can find a low profile pulley will work with the 5/8" belt and clear the power steering belt.

I'm using the ARB Twin compressor CKMTA12 mounted in a SLEE bracket with PS reservoir relocation. It takes 85 seconds to air from 20psi to 40psi for each 33" tire.

Using the single ARB CKMA12- mounted next to airfilter. Compact and works well. Ive never timed filling tires but Its quick enough. If you have 33” tires its all you need.

Ive a buddy with the twin and its a beast- fills his 37’s pretty quick- but- the air fittings at the compressor get very hot after filling a couple of tires, from 10 to 35, enough to melt the air hose (and burst). If going this route you might keep a hose repair kit in your tool bag.

Are you a ford or chevy person?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom