which suspension should i buy for my bj40? help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i appreciate yalls help.

im deciding what suspension to get? hfs,procomp,rancho,OME,ironman?

the use would be 60% on the road, 30% farm, 10% sand.

Im looking for a long lasting suspension with a comfortable ride

My experiences with leaves springs on a cruiser are:
- Ironman on a 60 and OME on a 61: OME is the better ride. Muck more comfortable:
- OME on a FJ45 and currently a 4 inch HFS from CCOT under my HZJ40. I like the HFS best. I drive theme in combination with Bilstein shocks. It's rather comfortable (for a 40) and it feels very tight. The previous owner uses the HFS shocks first but the replaced them for the Bilsteins. Maybe they are not as good as the Billsteins. Also the price is good for the HFS.

OME! Just put the kit on and would recommend it. Really nice ride.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409073645.002754.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409073680.736038.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409073624.385352.jpg

Last edited:
Let me put together a suspension for you. Our Toyota stuff is amazing. I'll give you a chunk off of your order if you do a write up here.

Email me at admin@atlassuspension.com and we'll talk details, if you're interested.

-Pete

i appreciate yalls help.

im deciding what suspension to get? hfs,procomp,rancho,OME,ironman?

the use would be 60% on the road, 30% farm, 10% sand.

Im looking for a long lasting suspension with a comfortable ride

My experiences with leaves springs on a cruiser are:
- Ironman on a 60 and OME on a 61: OME is the better ride. Muck more comfortable:
- OME on a FJ45 and currently a 4 inch HFS from CCOT under my HZJ40. I like the HFS best. I drive theme in combination with Bilstein shocks. It's rather comfortable (for a 40) and it feels very tight. The previous owner uses the HFS shocks first but the replaced them for the Bilsteins. Maybe they are not as good as the Billsteins. Also the price is good for the HFS.

Thanks, do you have the specs on the bilstein shocks? length, etc?

I have Rancho 9000 (adjustable) shocks under an FJ40 and i have to say im very pleased with them.

:cheers:

OME 2.5 lift under mine, will order again with next!

OME 2.5 lift as well - worked well for me.

I've looked if I could find the type number of the Billsteins but I couldn't find it.
I've made some pictures of it front and back so you can see what that 4inch lift looks like.
IMG_0459.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom