Which Steering Box for 4x4 Labs Power Steering Conversion Kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I recently purchased a 4x4 Labs Saginaw Power Steering Conversion Kit. The kit is really well made and was easily installed on my rig. My question is what would be the best readily available steering box to use with this kit? Any help you guys might give me would be greatly appreciated.

Did you ask 4x4 labs?

Unsure what installing the kit all encompasses. If it does not include welding the mounting plate, you would want to wait on that as you will need to adjust the plate to ensure your steering box is in the right position to clear your steering shaft from obstacles like the radiator frame and engine mount.

Unsure what installing the kit all encompasses. If it does not include welding the mounting plate, you would want to wait on that as you will need to adjust the plate to ensure your steering box is in the right position to clear your steering shaft from obstacles like the radiator frame and engine mount.
I have emailed 4x4 Labs twice and never received an answer to this question. As far as the installation goes the kit is welded in. The kit has plates that are welded to the inside and outside of the frame. These plates are made to be welded in specific locations and are drilled so the steering box is mounted in a specific location I’ll try to email 4x4 Labs again.

You want a Saginaw box. 3 or 4 mounting tabs doesn't matter. More street driving folks seem to prefer 3 1/2 turn, more offroad then maybe 4 1/4 turn box. Chevy or Jeep doesn't matter but you might want to pick up matching pump at the same time.

You want a Saginaw box. 3 or 4 mounting tabs doesn't matter. More street driving folks seem to prefer 3 1/2 turn, more offroad then maybe 4 1/4 turn box. Chevy or Jeep doesn't matter but you might want to pick up matching pump at the same time.
Thank you for help Byron
Thank you for your help Byron. I appreciate the information on the different turn ratios too that was a handy piece of information. Thank you again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom