Which spray cans for steel wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All!
I'm picking up some stock steel wheels for my 40 and going to rattle-can them gray.
Just wanted to know what type of rattle can you guys have had good luck with and that are a similar color to stock. Color doesn't need to match orig, but close would be nice, a little darker if anything. Local hardware store paint would be a bonus.
Thanks! B.

Hi All!
I'm picking up some stock steel wheels for my 40 and going to rattle-can them gray.
Just wanted to know what type of rattle can you guys have had good luck with and that are a similar color to stock. Color doesn't need to match orig, but close would be nice, a little darker if anything. Local hardware store paint would be a bonus.
Thanks! B.
I used Rustoleum self etching primer gray 2 coats then a coat of Rustoleum satin black on my metal tech roll cage and it came out great. I had a buddy that found a company online that will mix up your original paint codes in a spray can and ship it to you. I think that would be a great option for small patches. I need to find someone that's had their door hinges powder coated I would like to get that done

20150728_194045.jpg
20150728_191646.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. That helps quite a bit. And those wheels look great Allan!

I went with Rust-Oleum Smoke Gray and seems to be a close match to original. Bought it at Home Depot

Two of my wheels are Rustoleum smoke gray and two are Krylon smoke gray, can't tell the difference in color. Some on here say the Rustoleum Industrial or Hard hat gray is a little darker.
005.JPG

Smoke gray it is! Thanks for the info and the pics! B.

Rustoleum smoke gray on mine-very happy with the color

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom