Which shackles to use with Hell Creek Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Talked to Tom at Hell Creek. He says the HFS shackles won't work with the Hell Creek springs. The springs are 3" wide with bushings and the inside of the HFS shackle is 3 1/4" wide. Any suggestions on shackles?
Thank you

I used MAF anti inversions with my 2.5'' Hell Creeks... So far so good
IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0355.jpg
IMG_0387.jpg

Talked to Tom at Hell Creek. He says the HFS shackles won't work with the Hell Creek springs. The springs are 3" wide with bushings and the inside of the HFS shackle is 3 1/4" wide. Any suggestions on shackles?
Thank you

If you really like the HFS shackles why not throw in 1/8'' spacers on each side of your spring, then bolt up your shackle and your good. Might take a couple of washer to reach the desired 1/8'' but i dont see what it would hurt.

We used the factory shackles......putting the 33/10.50-15 KM2 on today.

Just a lesson learned....get a longer front and rear brake line. We ordered a standard rear one for the front and a BH38009 for the rear....ordered both from Rock Auto. The rear line you can find on a 1986 Nissan 700 4x4.

Updated with new tires.
New Shoes.jpg

Last edited:
I am running the HFS shakles and they have been just fine for me. But yeah you will need some spacers on the sides

I'm running my stock shackles. No problem here(knock on wood)

What size tires are you running?

33x10.5 toyo mt

X2, super stout but for some reason I'm not getting near this much flex out of mine

Well in that pic i actually have no shocks, i was actually doing this to take some measurements for some shocks. I have since ordered them and should have them on this weekend, we'll see if i maintain the flex shown above i really dont see why not.

prone to breakage thats why, the pros are not worth the cons in this case,

Have you had personal experience with these shackles that are "prone to break"

Before you guys go at it :popcorn: I would like to sneak a question in if I may. I am going the same route H creek 2.5 and anti inversion shackles . My question is wat about the poly bushings ? does a new set come with the springs , or are you guys buying eleswhere? Thanks

We used the factory shackles......putting the 33/10.50-15 KM2 on today.

Just a lesson learned....get a longer front and rear brake line. We ordered a standard rear one for the front and a BH38009 for the rear....ordered both from Rock Auto. The rear line you can find on a 1986 Nissan 700 4x4.

Updated with new tires.

Are those HC springs? Damn you shackles are straight vertical too.

I have had a greaable spring pin break plumb off where the grease hole is - I am done with those

also broke a greasable Specter front shackle - that was at the bolt hole, though

have not had a problem with greasable 4+/MAF anti-inversion shackles in the rear yet

another problem with greasable shackles is the location and the type of the grease nipple - I have sheared 3 out of 4 off on rocks in the front :rolleyes:

Before you guys go at it :popcorn: I would like to sneak a question in if I may. I am going the same route H creek 2.5 and anti inversion shackles . My question is wat about the poly bushings ? does a new set come with the springs , or are you guys buying eleswhere? Thanks

Hell Creeks come with bushings.

I have had a greaable spring pin break plumb off where the grease hole is - I am done with those

also broke a greasable Specter front shackle - that was at the bolt hole, though

have not had a problem with greasable 4+/MAF anti-inversion shackles in the rear yet

another problem with greasable shackles is the location and the type of the grease nipple - I have sheared 3 out of 4 off on rocks in the front :rolleyes:

The zerks are threaded on mine.

Are those HC springs? Damn you shackles are straight vertical too.

Yes..Hell Creek 4" kit....

To answer another question.....comes with bushings, but if using the stock shackles.....does not come upper and lower shackle bushings. Kit just comes with bushings that touch the springs......16....you need 8 more to replace all.

I would also add a steering dampner if yours is old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom