Which shackle is which in the ironman kit?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Received the Ironman kit and went to install the other day and only had two shackles in the kit:frown: I had ordered all 4 and the 4 spring pins. The liquidating company said they would send the pins and shackles out without a problem, very nice to work with BTW. I have two shackles and 1 has a tab on the end of it and the other doesn't. How do I know if it is for the front or rear?? I don't know which shackles I need them to send me. The shackle that doesn't have the tab seems to have slightly more space between the two bolts. Any ideas??

the shackle with the tab goes on the front. the shackle that looks symmetrical goes on the back.:beer:

So I should have two shackles with tabs and they are for the front springs. And two symmetrical w/o tabs go on the rear springs. Correct?

yes. that's correct.

install the tab INSIDE so it bumps on the plate to prevent inversion.

Thank you guys. Much appreciated.

yes. that's correct.

install the tab INSIDE so it bumps on the plate to prevent inversion.

What plate is this? I see a plate on the mount for the front bumper, but that would mean the AI tab would go on the outside. I don't want to have to do the job over again after someon points out that I installed the front shackles improperly. Thnx

*Edit* Anyone havea pic of a properly installed ironman front shackle?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom