Which Saganaw Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a part number for the saganaw pump they used with Bill Dorrys bracket? And did you get the pully form a pick and pull or at the car parts place. Thanks, Larry

Dude, Romer just had a thread on a sag. install and he mentioned william dorry's brackets...

i used the search button and it took like 8 seconds

I got Romers post from a search, I am more interested in the application, I went to the pick and pull and there were some pumps with a short snout and some with a long snout, bolt on pullys and press on just curious what was used, thanks, Larry

I used a mid /early '80's pump. Comes with no hub or pulley. Bought an entire junk pump from the salvage yard from a Vulva 240DL and it had the hub(press-on) and the wide pulley that matched the pulleys on the Toyo.
$50 for the rebuilt pump + $10 core
$5 for the junk pump + free pulley and a returnable core
Total $55

Ed

Hi All:

Larry, for what it is worth, when I did the Saginaw PS swap on my FJ40 I used a pump from a '73 K5 Blazer (if I remember correctly.) I used the JT Outfitter's Saginaw PS adaptor bracket for a 2F engine (which is a copy of someone else's design.)

The junkyard pump I bought is still working fine! Even using the pulley that came on the pump!

Good luck with the swap! You won't believe you drove the truck off-road with "armstrong" steering after running Saginaw for awhile!

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

Napa part #20-6000.

I am using it with bill dorry's pump.

Pressure side works with the FJ60 high pressure hose, low pressure is a 3/8" nipple, just like the toyota box.

I got an industrial pulley from a local industrial supply house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom