Which relay is the headlight relay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought i had it figured out but apparently i dont, i wont go into it now but do you guys have a pic or something of the 2f engine headlight relay

I thought i had it figured out but apparently i dont, i wont go into it now but do you guys have a pic or something of the 2f engine headlight relay

nvm i found it. Second question, what happens if i mount this thing in the "on" position?

not sure I understand what you mean by the "on" position. There is really only one way they will fit in the socket. Two of the pins are for the relay coil and the other two are for the switch contacts. are you talking about bypassing the relay?

not sure I understand what you mean by the "on" position. There is really only one way they will fit in the socket. Two of the pins are for the relay coil and the other two are for the switch contacts. are you talking about bypassing the relay?
Working through the relay, i took the brown cap off and soldered in a switch and mounted it on the dash so i wouldnt have to mess around with bad relays anymore. Now i use the switch to turn the headlights on/off.

picture

hey man mine just went bad...can you take a picture of yours since you found it....it will help me as i go looking for it tomorrow.

thanks
dan

hey man mine just went bad...can you take a picture of yours since you found it....it will help me as i go looking for it tomorrow.

thanks
dan

Yea
This is where it is under the dash to the left of the steering wheel, but yours will most likely still have the brown cap on it. I took a pic of the brown cap so you will know what to look for.
100_2470.jpg

100_2473.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how often these are going out on you but, it seems like a lot of work for a $20.00 part. Mine went out a few weeks ago and I had to replace it. I have water leaking in somewhere in the front that caused the cap to fill up and short the coil. Now thats my new quest, find the leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom