Which rear lower control arms is everyone running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kabanstva

SILVER Star
Threads
What is everyone is running for aftermarket control arms? I'll be doing a 2" lift soon and want to see what options there are? I'd love something that doesn't squeak or require constant maintenance if there is such a thing.

Are you happy with the ones you have or what would you do differently next time?

I am seeing 3 options after looking around:

Metal Tech (adjustable)
Trail Tailor (adjustable)
Slee SPC HD (Fixed/non adjustable)

What's the advantage of having adjustable links?

I went with fixed OPOR lowers and MT adj uppers and very pleased. Adjustables will allow you to adjust the pinion angle post lift. Plus, you lose the likely rotted out bushings on the stock links.

I've had jason @TRAIL TAILOR 's for a year or two, upper and lower, standard adjustable model. Great product, and great customer service.

Do you guys need to periodically grease the trail tailor arms? Do they make any noise? Hows the ride quality with the poly bushings? They look awesome.

Do you guys need to periodically grease the trail tailor arms? Do they make any noise? Hows the ride quality with the poly bushings? They look awesome.

I've grease the polyurethane side every other oil change. The Johnny joint side I've greased twice maybe just as a PM thing, but they're sealed really well - I've not had any noise with them at all.

Ride quality is great. I purchased his because by the time I purchased new bushings, and a replacement arm for the one I slightly bent, and time to replace all of the bushings it was more cost effective and less time, and nearly indestructible IMO.

In fact I need to put a longer brake line on the rear it flexes so well and has so much droop with my set up.

Are the trail tailors currently available?

Yeah I saw that, anyone use witts end lower arms

I believe he is planning on being back open full swing after this weekend. Should be posted at the top of his website. If you send him a message on here he is really good about following up.

For a cheaper solution, I just rebushed my rear LCAs (and rear UCAs and panhard) with SuperPro's poly bushings. I removed each arm, torched out the old worn rubber bushing, cut out the inner sleeve, wire-wheeled it nice and smooth getting out all of the boogers, then greased up the new bushings and slipped them in with a BJ press. I've been running these for about two years now and they are nice and tight and don't squeak at all.

Rear Trailing and Panhard Rod Kit | Lexus LX470 98-07

OEM bushings are also available. And with a little cutting and welding..... re-sleeve the arms....

LCA Sleeve

Are the trail tailors currently available?

Rear Lower Control Arms

Out of stock according to Website

Send Jason a private message on here, I’m sure he can take care of this. I believe he said the website should be opening back up today.

I believe he is planning on being back open full swing after this weekend. Should be posted at the top of his website. If you send him a message on here he is really good about following up.

Andrea should have added everything back to the website today. Refresh your browser or hit F5 on the keyboard and you should be back in business.

Jason

Running SPC LCAs via recommendation from Slee - zero issues, maintenance free, great on and off road.

In respects to chasing down rear thunk, have you guys found that there’s typically more play in the upper or lower rear control arms. From a bushing vantage point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom