Which Part # for oil pressure switch on SBC swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Morning Fellas,

I need some help from those of you that have swapped in a SBC.
I just called the Toyota dealership to order a oil Pressure sender switch and they said there are two part numbers -
1. Without oil cooler $99.00
2. With oil cooler $69.00

Which one are you guys using?

thank you

Seems like you need to contact a Chevy dealer for the SBC oil pressure sender (or switch? They’re different). And even then it probably won’t work with your stock (?) Toyota gauge. I have a mechanical oil pressure sender (the one that has the plastic tube with oil in it) and associated gauge in my SBC.

If you are using a stock OP sender and stock dash gauge, then you can use regular 1/8" NPT fittings from the parts house, but you will also want to use thread sealant. You can screw your metric threaded sender into 1/8" NPT, you just cant screw an American sender into a metric threaded hole.

If you are using a stock OP sender and stock dash gauge, then you can use regular 1/8" NPT fittings from the parts house, but you will also want to use thread sealant. You can screw your metric threaded sender into 1/8" NPT, you just cant screw an American sender into a metric threaded hole.

Thank you very much!

Do you know which Toyota OP sender I should use? The dealer has two for the FJ40.

One is for oil cooler model and the other is for non-oil cooler model.....

My guess is non oil cooler model, I never had an FJ40 with oil cooler.

My guess is non oil cooler model, I never had an FJ40 with oil cooler.
The dealer price is 99.00 for the non-cooler One and 69.00 for the oil cooler one. I really don’t know what the difference is... except for price ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom