Which one would you keep? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whaaat, just rearrange your life and keep all!
WTF
Although the 60 is the perfect balance between the 80 and the 40.
So yeah, keep the 60.
Love all the comments and yes I agree they all do have their place.

I have pretty much been driving my 80 around and then I got the 60 and thought man this is a cool vehicle. My thoughts were to sell the 80 in the 40 and then do a diesel five-speed upgrade on the 60? So that’s where my thoughts are and that’s the reason I posted the thread so keep it coming.

I have pretty much been driving my 80 around and then I got the 60 and thought man this is a cool vehicle. My thoughts were to sell the 80 in the 40 and then do a diesel five-speed upgrade on the 60? So that’s where my thoughts are and that’s the reason I posted the thread so keep it coming.
If trends continue, the 60 may turn out to be the most valuable long-term

If trends continue, the 60 may turn out to be the most valuable long-term
What’s your thoughts on diesel/trans conversion or hypo rebuild of 6?
Body interior great shape driveline tired

I have a diesel 60, with an H55 and it's great!!!

Before owning a 60, I probably would have preferred a 40, 55, or 80. But the 60 has proven to me to be best for a DD, all around, all weather, have fun, get the job done and get home again vehicle that makes me smile. If I had to replace it, I'd get a 70 double cab.

What’s your thoughts on diesel/trans conversion or hypo rebuild of 6?
Body interior great shape driveline tired
I'm definitely not a diesel guy, so I wouldn't be the one to ask on that (although one DID sell on Bring A Trailer today for $47,000!) It's my opinion that the ones that bring the most value are the ones that are most original. I know there are exceptions to that (see the diesel 60 I just referenced), but as a rule, the more stock / "correct", the more valuable. PM my buddy @wngrog , and he can tell you everything you want to know about the Mosley Motors "cop motor" 2F. (I still chuckle every time I use the phrase "cop motor" in the same sentence with "2F") Haha. A virtually new, bone stock 62 sold yesterday for $80,000, and even with its ultra-low 32K miles, I suspect it wouldn't have gone that high, had it not been so original.

If it were mine, I'd "build" the 2F.

These are just my opinions based on observations, of course.

If I had an FJ60 I'd pull the entire intake and exhaust manifold set off to fix a plethora of leaks and problems and do so during a Pandemic thus rendering my FJ60 unable to move under its own power while I wait for businesses to reopen.

err...wait a minute

Who’s the guru for diesel installs? Anyone have the Hipo 6 from Mosley and wondered how that is?
Mine is an import. There are a few guys on here handlin' swaps. George at valley hybrids does a bunch of toyota diesels, torfab, kurt at cruiser outfitters maybe. I think a bit of research would reveal who.

Who’s the guru for diesel installs? Anyone have the Hipo 6 from Mosley and wondered how that is?

All this info gets revealed when you donate $20 to Mud and become a supporting member. For various larger donations you can also see who the 1f guru is and then the 3f guru. And ads are removed. Mostly ads are removed.

All this info gets revealed when you donate $20 to Mud and become a supporting member. For various larger donations you can also see who the 1f guru is and then the 3f guru. And ads are removed. Mostly ads are removed.
Done!

What's the purpose of each rig? I've had all 3 and miss them all, but having another daily, it would be keep the 40 personally

Last edited:
Here is a pic of one of my rigs

8AA16ECE-BF27-4F02-A1D8-ACB4D3857E2C.jpeg

Oh, and for what it’s worth: if you do decide to keep the 60 and do decide to keep the gasser, look into EFI. I just converted mine to a Holley Sniper, and not only was it surprisingly easy, the driveability is SO much better! No choking, no sputtering, no cold start issues, no bogging, no off-level running issues, onboard read outs, etc. MUCH, MUCH better than a carbureted 2F!

Oh, and for what it’s worth: if you do decide to keep the 60 and do decide to keep the gasser, look into EFI. I just converted mine to a Holley Sniper, and not only was it surprisingly easy, the driveability is SO much better! No choking, no sputtering, no cold start issues, no bogging, no off-level running issues, onboard read outs, etc. MUCH, MUCH better than a carbureted 2F!
Thx. I have the Howell efi on my 40. I still don’t feel it runs as good as it should. Need to spend some time dialing in timing.
I did a bunch of stuff to the 40 over the winter and need to start driving it..., but the 60 is so much fun to drive!

I’m just grateful for all the info I have gleaned from this site! Has saved me more than 50 bucks!

For sure. I'm just being silly. Welcome to the site and thats a fine looking 40.

if you truly need to slim down to one machine and really have no preference you could list all 3 on Bringatrailer with reserves that reflect your thoughts and then see which ones sell and which ones dont. course they could all sell....small flaw in that plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom