Which one to buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning on buying a 100 series this week. I have two good local options just having a hard time choosing. This car is going to be a daily driver as well as a fun family over landing vehicle. Both rigs are 2000 LCs both in great condition with no rust. One has 140,000 and the other has 200,000 miles. There is a $5000 dollar difference between the two. Is it worth the extra money for lower miles? Timing belts were both replaced at 110,000 miles. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

In my research I came to the conclusion that if I couldn't find an 06/07 for a decent price I would buy the nicest, latest model I could find. After 03 I think they went to the 5 speed and there are other refinements, a small bump in horsepower etc. That's why I ultimately went with an 05. However it's my opinion that there won't be much difference in engine life between your 2 LC's so I would buy the one that costs $5K less and put that money into kitting it out! My Lx470 has 265K on it and literally rides, shifts and sounds brand new.

Planning on buying a 100 series this week. I have two good local options just having a hard time choosing. This car is going to be a daily driver as well as a fun family over landing vehicle. Both rigs are 2000 LCs both in great condition with no rust. One has 140,000 and the other has 200,000 miles. There is a $5000 dollar difference between the two. Is it worth the extra money for lower miles? Timing belts were both replaced at 110,000 miles. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
It’s not really a $5k difference, as the higher mileage truck needs a timing belt/water pump, so factor that in.

I also care more about how the truck was maintained than mileage. There are some things that typically wear out between 150-200k miles (alternator, starter,etc). If the higher mileage truck has had a bunch of that replaced, you could be ahead of the lower mileage truck.

I love my 2000 and honestly can’t see a compelling reason to spend more to get a newer one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom