Which OME spings to use in BJ74? opinions wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm guessing your talking about Ranch RS900XL shocks? They are pricey, starting at $400 a pair, I can get Bilstein 5125 Shocks 12" for that much. Current rear shocks are dual action terrain tamers which are fairly heavily valved. I have raised lower shock mounts and shock travel is no problem at all now, I'm not going for a total spring kit. Just the springs and maybe shackles.

oooh, terrain tamers. i have run those in the distant past and i liked them... a lot.

i just like the ability to dial in my ride characteristics... and yah, they ain't cheap.

Hulsty:

You asked a question in ducatiman81211 thread about his OME 74 springs. Here is my response:

Mike, the owner of this BJ74, is in the middle of Central America somewhere. I hear from him every few weeks or so. The last I heard, he was in Guatemala and the 74 is doing great.

I can answer what springs are on it since I'm the one that put them on. He is running OME CS006F heavy springs on the front and OME CS017 medium springs on the rear.

As far as handling the load....I can't really say. Mike will have to chime in. I imagine they are fine since he is running fairly light. He is not carrying all that much.

Hope that helps.

Priced up some new OME dakars, the heavies are $235 each, still a fair few bucks but obtainable. For s***s a gigles I dropped by my local wreckers, they had a few pairs of leaves in there. Once pair I like I think might be old OME leaves, they looked kinda like a mismatched OME set I had a little while back. They are 7 main leaves and 3!! load help leaves!! with a massive arch in the springs. I'm going to take a tape measure down in the next week or 2 and see what they are like. $65 each might give them a try!

I'm back, to close off on the above, I ended up mixing the OME pack into my EFS pack, ended up at 14 leaves, with 2'' shackles and has been working very well in the rear since with 80 series supplementary springs as the bump stops.

From those first pictures, the front springs were about 15 years old and have finally snapped, they were custom and is cost prohibitive to have them made again. I am looking at ARB front springs CS006F or CS007F, any opinions on either? The CS007F has a third main leaf, otherwise the same as the CS006F. Has anyone got a measurment from the top of the diff housing to the chassis for lift height? Mine is about 175mm.
82814592_10156918068946149_8654205912841453568_o.jpg
IMG_20200120_223946.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom