which light should we build around? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems like the big disadvantage is they can't be aimed if flush mounted.

I disagree

It's just a royal pain in the ass. 😆

I made a shim on the cnc because the face I mounted the light to is raked back a few degrees. Throw some trigonometry at it to get the proper down angle, and it's a win.

20220917_172957.jpg

20220917_173108.jpg

20220917_173049.jpg

Rigid is an AZ company so I do like using Rigid. We have placed those same flush mounts in a factory style channel, about the same spread. Later, I was looking at ways to move them in, as the wing position is more vulnerable when crawling around in AZ boulder trails. We're hoping, by extending the D-ring mounts alongside and
in front of the lights, we get even a little more protection.

I just wanted them to match. But the D series I put in back weren't very expensive. I can't remember how much either.

Careful on removing material around a recovery point. Boxing and recessing like you are is probably quite strong and adds a bunch of protection.

@sogncap did you buy this bumper from 4plus?

that would be his own design. We haven't marketed any of ours yet. They've only been in house builds for restos and such. Frankly I don't know whether they
are marketable in numbers. The trend in 40s seems to be either as stock looking as possible or full blown trail rigs with the bumpers based on the look of the
stock 4 1/2 channel.

that would be his own design. We haven't marketed any of ours yet. They've only been in house builds for restos and such. Frankly I don't know whether they
are marketable in numbers. The trend in 40s seems to be either as stock looking as possible or full blown trail rigs with the bumpers based on the look of the
stock 4 1/2 channel.
Sogncap looked so close to yours I thought for sure they must be made from the same fabricator. I hear you on the market being limited to the two extremes. Looks similar to the one Proffit's adds to their builds but last I checked they are do not sell these to the public.

David-Wood-FJ40-Second-Shoot-1.jpg

I have been looking for a similar bumper but with a taller center hoop by like2"- 3" and a 1/2 or an inch shorter at the bumper ends. Should be able to in install a 8274 winch. I have been searching for an old style catchers ARB bumper. Not an easy find. And they are two entirely different bumpers. They don't make them anymore. Looking forward to seeing the final rendering.

Negative. That is a Hanson Offroad bumper. I liked it more than anything I had come up with. It sits further forward than I was anticipating, but I'm mostly trying to keep deer out of the radiator

hmm, just looked them up, never heard of them before, nice bumper! Looking forward to the 4+ version!

They make a good light but I don't think they make a flush mount.
They do.

The Diode Dynamics SAE fog lights are awesome.

They also offer a “combo” light

they need to give flush mounts their own spot on their site. I looked at the site then left when I only saw subheadings for pods, rock lights and light bars
To be fair , Baja Designs site is a little non intuitive. They do have a quick link to the Squadron Pro but unless you know that the flush mounts are a version of the
Squadron, you won't know where to look. The pictures all show pod lights. All these sites need to put up links specifically to flush mounts. They're all too
infatuated with fancy names that practical search parameters. Go to Rigid's site, click "lights". There's over 20 subheadings with cute names like "Radiance", "Reflect"
or "Midnight Edition" . Nothing steering you to flush mounts. Anyone looking for a quick solution is probably finding it faster on Ebay with cheapo lights.
Not all of us want to spend hours sifting through a website, hoping to find something that may or may not be there.... Hopefully the reps from these companies
read this

They do.

The Diode Dynamics SAE fog lights are awesome.

They also offer a “combo” light

I have been looking for a similar bumper but with a taller center hoop by like2"- 3" and a 1/2 or an inch shorter at the bumper ends. Should be able to in install a 8274 winch. I have been searching for an old style catchers ARB bumper. Not an easy find. And they are two entirely different bumpers. They don't make them anymore. Looking forward to seeing the final rendering.
We built our own few years back then ARB reintroduced their catcher's mask for a limited run so we didn't move forward on that. Ours was a bit heavier since it incorporated 1/2" plate in the uprights. Most of our bumpers never get seen as they end up on custom builds

6225_c1.jpg

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6224.jpg

Morrimoto makes great LED's. Check out the Banger series.

I like the catchers mask bump really nice bumper, I know your make great bumpers I have seen the stuff ya'll make. There was guy name Tim in Tucson that was suppose get me a bumper. It was one you flipped outward from the original. At the time you were not making them. Anyhow, that was back in 2007 or 2008.

I like the catchers mask bump really nice bumper, I know your make great bumpers I have seen the stuff ya'll make. There was guy name Tim in Tucson that was suppose get me a bumper. It was one you flipped outward from the original. At the time you were not making them. Anyhow, that was back in 2007 or 2008.
Tim is still around... Talked to him a couple days ago. He's moving a bit slower these days. We all are I suppose. Not sure which bumper you were looking for.

A realy Great guy, I remember bei g in awe the radiator mod on yellow 45. I love to talk about a bumper from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom