Which LIFT!?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys im 17 iv had my baby (fj60) for 2 years and have done a few things to it. i am wanting to get a lift for my next mod, and there are so many choices i dont know what to get. i am also looking into a roof rack for my spare tire. i continually have a leaking problem on the drivers side when it rains, i think i will just need to get the winshield resealed but im not sure, she just broke 100,000 miles. and i am continually fixing small things. i own piaa exterior lights and my car jsut isnt gettin enough power, has ne1 looked into other alternators for more power (mean Green??, what is the best way to get the most power. thnx guys, im glad to know i have a family of cruiser fanatics to back me up.
Jumpsuit

Welcome, try the search feature and the FJ60 FAQ...tons of past threads about the modifications and problems that need addressing. I have a BDS lift. Happy so far!

hey man i am 18 and was in the same possition with the lift and still am with the roof rack and repairs. First thing you need to do is join a local club. I did and it is amazing the amount of support you get and help. When i comes to the lift if toy r looking for a good deal i wold recomend the BDS 2.5in lift and the rocky mountain cruisers greasable pins and shackeles(which or on sale now for 10.50 each) I ordered mine from Liquid offroad. Talk to rob and explain your situation and he can and will hep you to every exstent possible. And if you think 2.5in is to little it isnt. I thought it wass but when i put the get on i ended up getting 4in out of it. It also has a liftime no questions ased guarentee. Also it is the most afordable and is made by the same company that makes OME and other hi quality lift kits.

check out my pics for results

Jumpsuit,

Welcome to the club. It's an addiction...

As suggested above, the FAQ is an amazing resource. Specifically, your questions about system voltage/charging and a lift are covered (+ lots of other stuff!)

Also, the sticky post with owners rides is good for reference as to what different lift/tire/wheel combo's look like.

You do want to reseal that window, you can get some serious rust around the base of the A-pillar from a window leak.

Tapage,
im not terribly worried about height, i would like to run 33x12.50 but i just want to know whats the best quality, for the best price. i undertand OME is the thing to have, but for the price? y not HFS or BDS? y doesnt ne1 worship those like every1 does OME

At 120K miles my OEM springs were done. It was sloppy and not what you could call confident driving. I did a 2" OME lift kit with new shocks and greasable shackles with 33" tires and 15x8" steel rims and it rides better than ever. About $2K in parts though :crybaby:

33's and you can get away with the stock 3:70 gears as I did. Any bigger and it is a total dog... gears would be needed. Highway cruising is nice now for me. 65mph all day long. 10-12mpg still.

There are cheaper solutions than the OME kit...but it is supposedly the one that rides the best. I have no complaints and it is 10x better than stock even with the lift.

Just hooked up a set of Parabolics, they just plain rock out of the box.

Not sure about long term???

Rob

Radd Cruisers said:
Just hooked up a set of Parabolics, they just plain rock out of the box.

Not sure about long term???

Rob

I have heard nothing but good about them from the Rover crowd. I wanted them on mine when there was a group buy on them awhile back but couldnt justify the $$ with everything else I am trying to do.

i would listen to nuclearlemon and go with the alcans. shes been through a number of lift springs and knows the best.

as far as your windshield leak... i just fixed mine. i couldnt see any rust around my windshield and would only get a leak when it rained real hard. i took it to a pro body man and he took the windshield out and found 11 holes around the windshield.

so my piece of advice is save your pennys and fix the rust first. there is no sense at throwing money at something that is going to rot away.

Good Luck!!

Never used Alcans, but read nothing but good things about them.

Surprised more do not go that route.

Did you say SHE???

Its kinda like reading Alex BJ70, you for sure think guy...... but oh no its a gal with way more insight than most guys.

Cheers

tclndcrz said:
i would listen to nuclearlemon and go with the alcans. shes been through a number of lift springs and knows the best.

as far as your windshield leak... i just fixed mine. i couldnt see any rust around my windshield and would only get a leak when it rained real hard. i took it to a pro body man and he took the windshield out and found 11 holes around the windshield.

so my piece of advice is save your pennys and fix the rust first. there is no sense at throwing money at something that is going to rot away.

Good Luck!!

Jumpsuit_FJ60 said:
Tapage,
im not terribly worried about height, i would like to run 33x12.50 but i just want to know whats the best quality, for the best price. i undertand OME is the thing to have, but for the price? y not HFS or BDS? y doesnt ne1 worship those like every1 does OME

OME are the best in my concept .. but are not cheap ... in this line, I can recomended the Dakar .. you can found in MAF .. are good ones and good price.

hey what up? im also 17, nice to know a few other little punk kids are running around with lifted cruisers! :cheers:
imho get the dakar springs wheel with that for a while get some lockers then go big and do the SOA you wont regret it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom