Which lift should my friend get for his 2005 Tundra Double Cab? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here we go again friends ( :) ) though this time it should be easy. Here's my friend's needs:

1. HE'S NOT A 4-WHEELER
2. He wants to keep the ride as comfy and possible.
3. He'd like 2-3 inches lift
4. He hopes he can fit 33's with only 2-3" lift
5. He doesn't need the best though he won't buy crud.

Ideas? I'm a Tundra dingbat, searched, but couldn't find.
THANKS! Remember, he's not a wheeler.

John

Hoes! :D

Two weeks ago I installed the Bilstein BTS coil over kit in my father's 2001 Tundra Limited. It is adjusted to provide about 1.75" of lift, the front now sits level with the ass... which already appeared lifted. Nice kit, well built... My father is in his 60's (will still smoke me endurance-wise on the mountain bike) and prefers a comfy ride, though the BTS is firm compared to the underdamped stock stuff, it still fits comfy, he likes it. Street price is around $600.

The truck also has 285/75R16 BFG AT's on stock alloys, the tires will rub a little on the upper control arm during full lock. A small change in offset would probably remedy this. Oh yeah, get a D load range tire... sooooooooo much nicer under the weight of the Tundra.

Last edited:
Donahoe's/Deaver 8-9 leaf/bilstein 5150's - Suspension is important on saftey and the highway driving experiance - I would consider this money well spend and not a splurge

I just installed Performance Products 1" springs and HD bilsteins all around on my buddy's 05 Tundra Limited 4wd. He is running the stock 17s and the largest Revo in 17. The front end looks great and matches the rear. It is approx. 1.5" of lift.

Looks great and is much cheaper than Hoes, especially if he isn't wheeling is hard or high speed desert/ dune running IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom