Which is the front and rear shackle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi y’all, in the middle of installing a lift kit. I have two new sets of anti inversion shackles and they are slightly different sizes. Do the taller ones go in the rear or front?
33CAB2AA-D0AA-4A1A-9FA8-EC16D6C19165.jpeg
E3F24ED6-4E3B-48FC-945E-BDBADC89084D.jpeg

Also, I have two different parts numbers from Ironman on my rear leaf springs. Ironman told me they are for specific sides. Anyone know which side is which?
8BE97D0E-3378-4BBF-A870-B347FA50102B.jpeg
C3E3F4BF-4B52-48F5-A1CD-D36CCA812088.jpeg

I think the long one is for the rear.
I’m unsure of which leaf goes where. I’d call Ironman to confirm.

Hi y’all, in the middle of installing a lift kit. I have two new sets of anti inversion shackles and they are slightly different sizes. Do the taller ones go in the rear or front?View attachment 2427371View attachment 2427373

Typically the longer ones go in the rear, also notice the plates on the longer shackles are beefier/thicker...also meant for the rear.
At least that is the norm for OMEs. OME mentions this in the package insert IIRC.

Longer answer...I used Rear shackles on the front and rear of my OME setup, just for the beefier shackles and extra 1/2” of length, which is negligible. Sold the front shackles to a friend.
Can’t help you with the springs sides, I don’t know Ironman. I like their protected grease zerks though.

It was a joke. I'm helping him, sitting in the garage talking to him, and simultaneously just trolling the ever-loving bajeezus out of him as we bitch about how impossible the search function is on 'Mud.
Damn I should be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom