Which is the better option given the year and options available for those years? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the choice between a 2000 lx470 with 1 owner and 99,000 miles for $14,000 and a 2006 lx470, 2 previous owners with 136,000 miles for $16,000. Both are in excellent mechanical and near mint cosmetic shape. which should I choose and why?

why-not-both.jpg

welcome to mud.
and that's just title search alone!

edit: 2006 because of extra HP and 5 speed
edit 2: unless its white or red or green or gold :flipoff2:

Last edited:
A well maintained 2000 LX is better than 95%+ of vehicles ever rolled on the earth. But choosing between the two based on the words you typed above with most everything else being equal.... the 2006 would be my choice by, give or take, a few light years.

is there a such thing as an SOHC 4.7 V* LX 470? the description on this dealers website is listing it as such.

Sir, you have a lot of research to do

I thought so. his description of this 2000 LX 470 as a 16V SOHC had me confused.
Red flags to me. Consider walking away. It’s not 16-valve or SOHC...

The 06 will be worth more in 10 years

Well to be devil's advocate here: tHe 20o0 is ArAcO faCtORY mADE wITH hIGHer stANDarDs, and doesn't HAVe secONDarY aIr IsSuES.

Well to be devil's advocate here: tHe 20o0 is ArAcO faCtORY mADE wITH hIGHer stANDarDs, and doesn't HAVe secONDarY aIr IsSuES.
I like your style ❤

1600145565883.gif

The 06 will be worth more in 10 years

Doubtful. These things often flip flop over time. The high feature, high maintenance (nuisance) vehicles often become the least desirable in the collector car market - which usually puts a premium on simplicity, durability, practicality, etc.. Plus in this case the later vehicles have a timing belt on an interference motor. Some folks in the Wrangler crowd are already saying the last two years of the TJ are actually the least desirable. Could happen here too.

Generally, buy the newest one you can afford. Or drive both (or ones that match the years that you can find locally), there are several differences that will make them feel different from one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom