Which is the “best” or most sought-after LC color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What difference does it make what everyone else thinks? What color do you like? When you get down to it, any color of 80 series Land Cruiser is the '“best” or most sought-after' rig to have in your "stable".

Ba-humbug! :p

I just was curious/did this for fun to see what everyone’s opinions were.

Hunh, I wonder when I missed grey interior ‘96s - all the nightshadow seem to follow that & I thought black were the same.

As for straight silver, do you count the LX450’s?

IDK if the color carried over to ‘97 but I know I’ve seen 96’s in a silver (that & the moonglow/burgundy lower would be the 2 rarest I think of) - prob carried to ‘97 but it’s gotta be low prod #’s ???
- That, or all the black 450’s were bought here & silver in like TX/CA ???

My nightshadow '95 that I sold (like a dumba$$) had grey interior. Nightshadow/grey may be the best combo ever produced.

My nightshadow '95 that I sold (like a dumba$$) had grey interior. Nightshadow/grey may be the best combo ever produced.

Nah, Nightshadow with Tan interior (and matching clay mud spatter) may be the best color combo...

Hells1.jpg

I didn’t even remember ‘95 was a nightshadow year - but yeah, I was real surprised you sold too.
That has to be a nice 450.

But now with update colors like the Cement & Sand being popular - Sand w/ a tan interior, Cement with grey interiors seem like proper color deciding factor.

We all laugh about the green ones, but they seem like perfect a repaint candidate even if you leave the engine bay paint & just do the jambs & hatch/gate.

The green is dark enough not to look like a burgundy 80 spray of all masking the motor - yrs ago I saw a red car repainted teal (old ragtop 5.0 Mustang GT) - It got nicknamed the “Christmas Fox” - it was painful to see that red bay & early 90’s teal panels.

HHHHHWITE

I was curious to know what everyone thinks is the “best” or most sought-after color for an FJ/FZJ?

I’ve heard some people say it’s the 40th Anniversary Sage — and I’ve heard others say it’s white or the rare black color.

What are everyone’s thoughts?

View attachment 2274035

My vote would be 40th Anniversary Sage but I am biased.

C89261E8-1B2F-4559-A9B6-D43769E52844.jpeg

The 40th ed has to be the most sought after, but I think my personal favorite is the red. I almost bought a red LC instead of my LX and sometimes I regret not buying it.

Ditto.
Something about a properly outfitted red machine...
Probably cause I own one.

Monstaliner Pyroclastic. I wasn't much of a fan of this color either, but when you find a VERY well maintained rig with OEM lockers and a new OEM short block with less than 40k on it.. you dont hesitate!
Now after the black and grey accents, I seriously dig it!!

Jose Jalapeño? HHHHosay!

Dark grey/blue slate for me 183. Then It would be night shadow pearl. It’s just something about blue.
1C2A1840-2940-4ABF-93C3-ED2FE25A7F99.jpeg

4F82C580-D123-49F7-824D-6BB0DABFA7C7.jpeg

Last edited:
White, then red, then black. I own a black 97 but would much rather have that single stage white paint to hide tree scrapes!
And talking to the wax people these days is crazy...
They're clearly migrating to their own ceramic climate for optimal gloss & photo ops, also I've found it pretty much impossible to understand that jargon they speak nowadays!

Gone are the days when a trader valued his carnauba brick, now they toss them on the side of the tail... dark times these... I'm all in for black ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom