Which Hose Clamps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BenjaminCA

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I humbly submit my “detailed” and “thorough” study of the common hose clamp debate and I’ve selected a winner. Have a watch, it can’t be any worse than covid...

I humbly submit my “detailed” and “thorough” study of the common hose clamp debate and I’ve selected a winner. Have a watch, it can’t be any worse than covid...

You said “betwixt”. Lol. I’m not allowed to use that word anymore in my house.

Nice work. You sure that clamp at the water pump bypass hose isn't going to interfere with a fan belt?

FYI - here are the hose clamps I have in my engine bay: > click here <

Also, this stuff can be useful.... Indian Head Shellac

When building my 40, I used silicon hoses with T-Bolt clamps and every one of them leaked... Never figured out why. Swapped them all over to some nice Breeze worm gear clamps and never had a problem again.

This is timely. The temperature dropped below 35 for the first time this week - and all my coolant lines started weeping...just like they do every year. I’m guessing it’s all the metal contracting in the cold but I’d think after tightening everything down 3000 times the rubber would have won...wrong again!

A167875B-906D-4E27-8A19-F0AF1B402EDA.jpeg

Sounds like this is a great and ongoing debate - I believe I’m using regular worm gear clamps (and without a ton of luck). Is there really a “better” alternative or a solution?

Basically as winter sets in, my upper and lower radiator hoses will weep. The junctions to the front and rear heater will leak in the cab. And the junction where the rubber lines connect to the rear heater will all start to leak. It happens like clockwork every year.

Nice work. You sure that clamp at the water pump bypass hose isn't going to interfere with a fan belt?

FYI - here are the hose clamps I have in my engine bay: > click here <

Also, this stuff can be useful.... Indian Head Shellac
GaArchitect.... I’m betwixt to the purpose of Indian Head Shellac? I read the product description and still don’t get it?

devo
They also have the heat shrink hose clamps which I use time to time.

this is real simple and basic JIS engineering technology :

a Double Wire Bayonet oem toyota hose clamp is simply just that ...........

2 clamping points in one close proximity to one another .....

2 clamps in one a front door a rear door

just like yamaha lower unit double lip prop shaft seal does ..........

any takers bring it on !.......... :D

GaArchitect.... I’m betwixt to the purpose of Indian Head Shellac? I read the product description and still don’t get it?

devo

Old timers used it for helping seal gaskets. My granddad always had a bottle we used for sealing small engine heads and various other connections. The stuff works great on helping seal coolant hose joints.....Some like it, some don't. I guess it's not for everyone?

Indian Head shellac is a completely different approach to, say, Sil-Glyde on coolant hoses. Both of these have their fans, and both have a solid reputation for sealing the hoses to their various metal connections, but the Indian Head is a glue that dries like a medium strength adhesive, where the Sil-Glyde is a lube that never dries and allows easy removal of the hose later. @BenjaminCA that was one of the funniest videos you’ve done yet! Seriously, watching that with my wife, you had us crying. Bravo my man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom