Which GPS Software? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been trying to decide on a GPS software package for a PDA, I think I've narrowed it down to the following:

Co Pilot 4
Delormme World Navigator
Teletype GPS

It needs to be able to run door to door, give voice commands, have detailed maps (hopefully including some forest roads, etc.) and be able to run both North American and European Maps.

Any experiences, and / or opinions on some of these or others? ???

We (my dads company) have Palm Pilots in our trucks. We really like them as you can put in software on the go if you have a laptop and all the maps. They do down to 500ft of detail with real time updates etc. I think we paid 475 for ours........its a garmin/palm hybrid..........i will get it later and check out the stats more on it........to keep it water proof we put shrink wrap over them. WE really couldnt tell its on there. Only problem with that was charging it and we cut that out and tape over it and its holding goodand i dont feel to skared taking it out in the feild 8)

i have a palm m505 with a gps piggy back. used it once for flying, but never since. i guess i just haven't put forth enough effort to find some good software for it. it really is pretty cool, i might try to dig it out tonight.

[quote author=Jim_Phillips link=board=14;threadid=11455;start=msg114348#msg114348 date=1078328560]
I have a Garmin iQue. http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3600/

It's a PDA with GPS. I can only comment on the European maps and think they are superb. It's a compact and reliable unit. Only downside is the battery life if you want to take it on walks as opposed to keeping it in a vehicle.

[/quote]
sorry about getting back to you man i kind of forgot about this post. Well to update you i hqave the I-Que 3600's and we just had to break down this week. 1 the battery went bazzerk then a guy on our crew dropped one less then 12 inches onto the floor. It wasnt a hard drop as i saw it and now it wont turn on. Its a great product but its not a well built one. Its nice for a office only jobbie IMO so i wouldnt vote for it ;)

..'office only jobbie' - what is the point of a GPS in the office? I'm sure you can break them by dropping them, but personally, I have not had any problems - but then again, I havn't dropped mine..

update today........well after spending 2 hours with it trying different things it started up but lost all maps and memory we had in it. POS we are going to go with a recon setup. We tried a cheaper solution and we got what we pay for. Recon here we come! and Jim_Phillips i meant by office only as no real feild use just in car etc........

Hi Velocity,
heres a finer pixeld Jägermeister for you.
92652-Jager1.jpg

keep getting Headache looking at the one you actually got. :doh: ;)

thanks FJ-40 Garage! i was planning on fixing but i hav been sick and havent go around to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom