Which fuel line is broken? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got home the other day and it had sounded like my '99 had an exhaust leak. Nope, the O2 sensor had just come out and was just dangling there. Okay, cool, that's an easy diagnosis:

Then I smelled the gas and noticed the little puddle starting to develop under the tank. Through a bucket underneath and starting looking around, not wanting to touch anything quite yet. The leak was coming from up above this line, but this one was dry and I have no clue what it might be:

It's the long, thin line running parallel and opposite the tank (green line) - you can see the part that broke at the green arrow. No gas was coming from it (at least with the engine off) and I didn't want to start it back up as the leak had slowed and eventually stopped. I wasn't able to nail down where the leak was actually coming from though (drip was right from the red arrow in the following photo - also with a closer view of the broken line).

Any ideas, you wizards?

if the leak pnly happens while its running than id pull the fuel pump cover and take a look and see if the line is leaking near the sender or somewhere else on the top of the tank

if the leak pnly happens while its running than id pull the fuel pump cover and take a look and see if the line is leaking near the sender or somewhere else on the top of the tank

I've only noticed after it's been running. I took it for about 200 miles and noticed the smell when I stopped in the driveway after turning off (maybe was there while running).

That broken line may be unrelated to your fuel leak. Hard to tell from a photo if its a hard line or soft, but follow it to its termination point at either end to see what its connected to.

evap does have hard lines going from the canister to the purge valve so that's possible, do you have a check engine light as I would expect you to have a p0441 and or p0455 depending on where the break in the line is and where its going. p0441 is incorrect purge flow and p0455 is gross evap leak

evap does have hard lines going from the canister to the purge valve so that's possible, do you have a check engine light as I would expect you to have a p0441 and or p0455 depending on where the break in the line is and where its going. p0441 is incorrect purge flow and p0455 is gross evap leak

No CELs as of now. Been running perfectly fine too.

evap codes will not cause any drivability issues, just wont be able to pass state inspection. wait for the rain to stop and then just crawl under and start tracing lines to see where it goes

Well, I'll take this one on the chin.... Looks like this got replaced and never removed, or something. I don't know. It starts from nothing and ends with nothing. It's just... there. False alarm! Thanks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom