POLL: Which Front Bumper Do You Have on your 200? (1 Viewer)

Which Front Bumper Manufacturer Bumper do you currently have installed on your 200?

• Toyota Factory Front Bumper

Votes: 118 51.1%
  • ARB

Votes: 45 19.5%
  • Cbi

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Dissent

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Dobinsons

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Ironman

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Metal Tech

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Rhino

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • TJM

Votes: 15 6.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJM13 for me.
Saved me many times from having to repaint by bumper and fenders from constant mopeds cutting me off in my country (Vietnam 🇻🇳).
7908C7D7-4528-4D97-A066-2A8D401E7D54.jpeg
4370EDD5-A349-42B3-85B8-F02685F84FFA.jpeg

I travel to Asia (well I did) for work often and know of the scooters you speak of. I would absolutely have that setup if (or when) I lived there. Nice choice 🙏

thanks bud! When driving around the city, I always prefer my LC than my wife’s 5 series, even when I only get 23L/100km. I sit taller than anyone, hate how sitting in a sedan people can peek in and see what you’re doing.The sheer size of the LC, makes navigating on small streets a little harder, but people tend to get out of my way when they see me coming.

Funny thing of servicing LC here in Vietnam, parts are always in stock. It’s a default choice for government officials.

Hope after COVID you can come back soon, I need a mud member to hang out with 😅

What are the insurance implications of a front and rear aftermarket bumper? Do you have to pay more or are there certain bumpers to avoid as they're not compatible with insurance? I'm asking as new bumpers are something I'd like, but the truck is also my DD and I want to keep my family safe in it.

What are the insurance implications of a front and rear aftermarket bumper? Do you have to pay more or are there certain bumpers to avoid as they're not compatible with insurance? I'm asking as new bumpers are something I'd like, but the truck is also my DD and I want to keep my family safe in it.

In Vietnam, any aftermarket parts that you add on, it’s not insured. There are no implications with insuring the car, however there are complications when registering the vehicle, especially add ons like LED light bars, snorkel and bullbar.... anything that’s not OEM, even tire size, will require some $$$ to pass inspection.

I’m interested what’s the case for people in the States in terms of registration and insurance policies

No issue insuring just modified trucks with StateFarm.

My insurance company has been completely indifferent to the mods on my truck. In fact, they cover mod replacement after theft or in an accident (with depreciation of course). Not sure how they do that...but it’s never had any impact on my insurance rate.

Last edited:
Just don’t expect impact protection from the Dissent...
It’s got a great light/minimal look. But impact protection? Well...it’s light/minimal & a potential multiplier from what I’ve seen.
Doesn’t make it “bad.”
Just go in aware of what it is/isn’t..
Simply not true
I personally hit an extremely large buck at about 75mph with our low profile bumper and while the vehicle and bumper took damages I was able to drive the 4K miles and continue our trip. I can also say with confidence that if the bumper had not have given the frame would have, most likely totaling the vehicle. I can tell you that any bumper out there would most definitely have not survived.
We did however make some improvements on the bumper design based off that collision and also offer a beefier full replacement with optional bull bar.
The bumpers are also a steel aluminum hybrid all built from 1/4” steel on the frame brackets and 1/4” aluminum on the main shell. They are also designed to give before the frame does in a high speed collision as a bumper should.

9086BFAF-9D04-498E-8D0A-9267D8400E64.jpeg

BB7E50F4-41BB-4112-B113-CB691E54D883.jpeg

4BA35C32-D0B6-4B25-B6E6-F94D4B8ADF45.jpeg

Last edited:
I just placed an order on a CBI - is there any reason why they don't get a lot of love?

Cbi builds great stuff but the lc200 products were rushed imho. The rear especially, looks like you almost loose clearance in the center and I’m not sure why. There is no reason for it to hang as low as it does. They don’t really follow the lines of the lc on the bull bar or where the rear wraps around the sides.
Nothing against the quality of their products as they do build some great stuff, just personally not a fan. I am a bit biased though ;)

Simply not true
I personally hit an extremely large buck at about 75mph with our low profile bumper and while the vehicle and bumper took damages I was able to drive the 4K miles and continue our trip. I can also say with confidence that if the bumper had not have given the frame would have, most likely totaling the vehicle. I can tell you that any bumper out there would most definitely have not survived.
We did however make some improvements on the bumper design based off that collision and also offer a beefier full replacement with optional bull bar.
The bumpers are also a steel aluminum hybrid all built from 1/4” steel on the frame brackets and 1/4” aluminum on the main shell. They are also designed to give before the frame does in a high speed collision as a bumper should.

View attachment 2470785

View attachment 2470789

View attachment 2470790
Any pictures of the aftermath?

Now we see the real reason @benc started building a version with a hoop for the 2016+ ;)

Metal Tech here - if I had to do it again I'd go with CBI or tried and true ARB. I like the 'almost OEM' look of the Metal Tech but it has some powder coat issues and doesn't seem all that sturdy. Hopefully I never have to put it to the test.

IMG_0050.jpeg

Metal Tech here - if I had to do it again I'd go with CBI or tried and true ARB. I like the 'almost OEM' look of the Metal Tech but it has some powder coat issues and doesn't seem all that sturdy. Hopefully I never have to put it to the test.

View attachment 2472337
I have trouble believing anything Mark makes isn’t sturdy. But I haven’t been on a trail with a ghost rider yet:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom