POLL: Which Front Bumper Do You Have on your 200? (1 Viewer)

Which Front Bumper Manufacturer Bumper do you currently have installed on your 200?

• Toyota Factory Front Bumper

Votes: 118 51.1%
  • ARB

Votes: 45 19.5%
  • Cbi

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Dissent

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Dobinsons

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Ironman

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Metal Tech

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Rhino

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • TJM

Votes: 15 6.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been watching it for a while but the powder coating on my Trail Tailor has flaked in some spots. I assume it's due to my abuse as the primary spots are the outer corners which have taken some scrapes, though the PC on my White Knuckle sliders seems to still be holding up well even through similar dragging. In any case there's some rust forming that sanding and re-painting with a rattle can hasn't stopped. Looks like I may end up removing it at some point, sanding it down, and repainting.

I've been watching it for a while but the powder coating on my Trail Tailor has flaked in some spots. I assume it's due to my abuse as the primary spots are the outer corners which have taken some scrapes, though the PC on my White Knuckle sliders seems to still be holding up well even through similar dragging. In any case there's some rust forming that sanding and re-painting with a rattle can hasn't stopped. Looks like I may end up removing it at some point, sanding it down, and repainting.

I had a bit of rust forming on my Metal Tech. I sanded, painted with powder coat touch up paint and then a light coat of LPS3 in the corners. So far so good…

Just ordered an ARB Deluxe bumper for my 2014 LC200 from Slee. I was surprised that they had both the ARB and TJM in stock given recent supply chain issues. I was also told by TJM that they are doing a redesign on the T13 and it will take 4+ months before those land in the US. The TJM seems slightly more "modern" and swept to follow the front end contours, but no ARB product has ever let me down and they have great support for aftermarket stuff like light and winches so I went that direction.

Are you saying TJM is redesigning T13 for pre-facelift (2015 and earlier) frontend? That would be nice.

I just got their T13 for 2016 is looks awesome IMO - no cutting anything and sticks out very little. I did not like the T13 on 2015 and earlier - too chunky. Don't like ARB either, sticks out far like hell. TJM mounting is also nicer IMO - separate craddle for winch, then the bar goes over it. With ARB you have to mount the entire damn thing with winch as a single assembly.

I have an ARB Duluxe on my 100 series and a TJM T`13 on my 2019 200. Personally I prefer the look & design of the TJM better than the ARB. TBD on rust comparisons. Ditto about what everyone else mentioned about how much tighter the T13 fits to the front of the truck. However I am sure you would have an easier time dealing with ARB regarding any warranty issues if that is important for you. One thing I will mention is how much more complex the 200 series bumpers are especially the later models compared to mounting them on a 100 series.

I'm trying hard to like the ARB, but geez that thing sticks out just too far. Looks yuuuuge. Will likely be a TJM for me. I need the "deer slayer" bars.

It'll be the TJM T13 for the '16+ for me or possibly a Dissent.

I have been quite surprised that the PC on both my Slee sliders and both front and rear Dissent bumpers have held up amazingly. I have had a few scrapes and have had no major scratches. I have a couple of scuffs, but nothing down to the metal so far.

I must not be trying hard enough 😂

Yes, that is what I was told.

I do agree that the ARB Deluxe bumper doesn't win in the looks or design department but they're available and proven so I'm OK with that.
Where were you able to source an ARB from?

I have a couple spots on my TJM T13 where the PC blistered. I think they were initiated by a flying rock hit. I took a paint scraper to them and flacked off a 50 cent piece sized spot to bare metal. I just used POR 15 chassis black to touch it up. Far from pretty but it stops the rust.

I do the same for my Slee sliders. The Slee PC seems a lot better than the TJM. I don’t think a flying rock would do anything to the slider PC. I beat the snot out of mine though and have something to touch up every time I go out. At LCDC I had a scratch so deep it made a sharp jagged edge that my wife cut her leg on sliding out. She now has a 5” long scar on the back of her calf now she refers to as her “Cruiser bite”.

I have a couple spots on my TJM T13 where the PC blistered. I think they were initiated by a flying rock hit. I took a paint scraper to them and flacked off a 50 cent piece sized spot to bare metal. I just used POR 15 chassis black to touch it up. Far from pretty but it stops the rust.

I do the same for my Slee sliders. The Slee PC seems a lot better than the TJM. I don’t think a flying rock would do anything to the slider PC. I beat the snot out of mine though and have something to touch up every time I go out. At LCDC I had a scratch so deep it made a sharp jagged edge that my wife cut her leg on sliding out. She now has a 5” long scar on the back of her calf now she refers to as her “Cruiser bite”.
yeah I ordered some POR15, and some rustoleum enamel and matte clearcoat the other day. My plan is to do the same, hopefully I can stave off any cancer for a while as I don't really feel like removing the bumper to sand blast and re-paint.

Ouch on the slider scratch.

yeah I ordered some POR15, and some rustoleum enamel and matte clearcoat the other day. My plan is to do the same, hopefully I can stave off any cancer for a while as I don't really feel like removing the bumper to sand blast and re-paint.

Ouch on the slider scratch.
POR15 stops rust. I have used it on bare CS components on my floating dock that has been in the lake for a decade. No rust. Even permanently wetted parts at the water line. You can even paint over rust and it will stop it from growing. Just wire brush it to remove loose flakes. The down side of it, besides cost, is it needs the clear coat for UV protection. I’m currently not doing the clear coat on the PC touch ups. I’m just going to watch and see and touch up again when needed. My 200 sites in a garage most of the time. I think UV breakdown will take a long time. Plus, my sliders get new POR15 almost every time I wheel it.

Where were you able to source an ARB from?
As of this week, Slee (Colorado/US) had 1/ea ARB Deulxe and TJM T13 for pre-2016 LC200's. I believe the design is different for more recent models and shipping was over $300 for 300# via TForce Freight, gulp...

Slee LC200 bumpers

Based on the number of cargo ships parked offshore and waiting to unload in Southern CA, I'm not willing to roll the dice on when the next batch will arrive from Australia.

Question for ARB Deluxe bumper folks: which winch are you using?

I was hoping to grab a Warn VR EVO, but it looks like I would also need a control box relocation kit and that would sit up in front of the grille or in the engine compartment. ARB specifies several Warn winches for use with that bumper, but they are old, under-powered and expensive. Presumably that is just because they haven't updated their docs for awhile?

ARB Application Guide for 200 Series

I have been quite surprised that the PC on both my Slee sliders and both front and rear Dissent bumpers have held up amazingly. I have had a few scrapes and have had no major scratches. I have a couple of scuffs, but nothing down to the metal so far.

I must not be trying hard enough 😂
Once you drag over/scrape serious rocks, no powder coat is gonna withstand it. My Slee has been scraped to the metal literally hundreds of times. Not a big deal to touch up…if satin black…which is a main, practical reason to avoid fancy color-matching.

Once you drag over/scrape serious rocks, no powder coat is gonna withstand it. My Slee has been scraped to the metal literally hundreds of times. Not a big deal to touch up…if satin black…which is a main, practical reason to avoid fancy color-matching.

This is true, but I have managed to scratch off PC from my FR rack with the rounded end of a socket wrench. Meanwhile, I had some cringeworthy scrapes on my Slee AHC skids at LCDC and the PC held up pretty well. Totally agree on the touch up. Satin black is the automotive equivalent of flat white ceiling paint.

Question for ARB Deluxe bumper folks: which winch are you using?

Warn Zeon 12S

Warn winches
for use with that bumper, but they are old, under-powered and expensive.

"old" means proven to me.

12K is not under-powered for a LC. I have used a 9K on vehicles in that weight range with no issues.

"expensive" I bought it on sale at a 4WP Truckest from the Warn Rep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom