Votes: 5 33.3%
  • The Alternate FAQ " Alt FAQ"

• Don't Care

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
We have received multiple comments about how some folks don't like the modular chapter format we came up with for the FAQ

:flipoff2:

Oh wait, as moderators we shouldn't do that

:flipoff2:

Here is your chance to vote in the poll and one thread will die. Pick the thread we had before were you clicked on a Chapter title and it took you to that chapter in another window

OR

The alternate thread were you have to scroll to find what you are looking for. This is also a stickey thread

We will not be maintaining two FAQ's, so updates to the FAQs are on hold till this is decided.

So which one DIES, you decide:crybaby:

This poll will close in 7 days whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
new windows suck.....one big locked thread, each post within the thread to cover topics

where's the damn poll.... :flipoff2:

(what's a vot anyways??)

Romer said:
Here is your chance to vote in the poll...

to better clarify...lol

With one "big" thread, I can search a single keyword within that thread and get results...most of the linked topics have some useful keyword to ID them....

multiple threads force me to "guess" which of the many new windows I need to open, wasting valuable time....lol

;p

Last edited by a moderator:
Romer, with the ALT FAQ, you can still make the title to each chapter a hyperlink to the specific post in the "alt faq", then you have the best of both worlds. You have the searchability for keywords, using you browser to search within the whole "alt faq" page, and the ability to "click" and immediately be at the desired "chapter".

I told you allowing woody a vote was a bad idea..........:flipoff2:

I'm with firetruck41- the "Alt FAQ" offers significant advantages over the original- keep the Alt!!

Like the new set up. Can see advantages if done right.:cheers:

firetruck41 said:
Romer, with the ALT FAQ, you can still make the title to each chapter a hyperlink to the specific post in the "alt faq", then you have the best of both worlds. You have the searchability for keywords, using you browser to search within the whole "alt faq" page, and the ability to "click" and immediately be at the desired "chapter".

I know, I thought of that about 10 minutes after we started this poll and we will likely do that giving both camps what they want.

Thanks though

Since everyone seems to be unhappy with all the stickies I will close this and delete an FAQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom