Which cruiser is better? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lots of good advice in this thread. My bro has a 96 4runner with 350,000+ km's on it, it has been bulletproof.

Walk away from both of them is my advice
But what do I know?
I contacted the black owner and told him it was falsely advertised and over priced
He doesn't like me
The lj might do you alright in rural Ontario but it will kill your. Budget if the head goes
Buy a yaris finish school then go shopping.
Did you check on rhd ins?

crushers said:
I contacted the black owner and told him it was falsely advertised and over priced
He doesn't like me

LOL. I've wanted to do that dozens of times on Kijiji. There's a guy selling a BJ42 for $50,000. Unless that's a serious typo, this guy is insane. It's not even all original.

yah, that $50K unit is interesting.
depending on the quality of refurbishment and parts ...?????

There is always what the owner thinks it's worth and what the market will bare. Not sure too many people will take a BJ42 over a LX570 for the same price.

disagree (of course)
yes, it is what the market will bare
but
not everyone wants computers, 10 cup holders, 20 air bags and the same vehicle that 20,000 other people have.
people are willing to pay to stand out (look at the kids that buy $75K powersmoke 4 door 4wd diesel trucks and then spend another $30K in upgrades).

the $50K truck is definitely out of my income bracket but to someone that works at the Point, a Broker or other high paid job then that vehicle is in their income bracket ...
he won't be selling it to the average Joe, it will be a special individual. probably someone that comes to me for a quote and sees this one as a hell of a deal.

just sayin

disagree (of course)
yes, it is what the market will bare
but
not everyone wants computers, 10 cup holders, 20 air bags and the same vehicle that 20,000 other people have.
people are willing to pay to stand out (look at the kids that buy $75K powersmoke 4 door 4wd diesel trucks and then spend another $30K in upgrades).

the $50K truck is definitely out of my income bracket but to someone that works at the Point, a Broker or other high paid job then that vehicle is in their income bracket ...
he won't be selling it to the average Joe, it will be a special individual. probably someone that comes to me for a quote and sees this one as a hell of a deal.

just sayin

......"not everyone wants computers, 10 cup holders, 20 air bags, and the same vehicle that 20,000 other people have." .........
I totally agree......in my example no one buys a 28 year old HJ75 for the "creature comforts" and optional do-dads. :D

Last edited:
and
it only takes one person ...
where as you need thousands that want to by the LX570 to keep Toyota Lexus division alive.

There is always what the owner thinks it's worth and what the market will bare. Not sure too many people will take a BJ42 over a LX570 for the same price.

here's a CDM LHD that's up north in this province. Probably go for about 24 grand. This is original, not restored!! No rust. Very, very rare to see this around here...

How do these rigs stay so minty? Live in containers?!?

I spent upwards of 45,000 dollars to completely restore my BJ70, new parts and rust repair. 13 BT and running gear rebuild. It is a mall queen and I have noticed a little rust appearing after five years. So I will be looking after that this summer and I live in a semi-desert.

Depends if you study welding tecnics,but if you dont have time id wait till after scool with a land cruiser to make youre first experince a nice one !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom