Which Carb?????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you had a choice between a 32/36 DGEV or a 38 DGES Hi-Performance carb which one would you get and why? Is gas mileage going to be terrible with the 38?? Keep in mind I have a 72 FJ40....

Having the F engine and not the 2f in your 72, I would go with the 32/36. From what I have been told the 38 is too much carb. for the F engine..................

That said, I personally would just send off your stock carb. and have it rebuilt by either Mark's Offroad or Jim C., it will cost you less than a weber conversion and you will be more pleased than with a weber. Either of those guys can tweak a stock carb. to flow just about as much as a Weber . I know because I went with a weber when I fitst got my cruiser and now I have switched back to the stock set-up

weber vs Aisin

Depends on what you value really.

I want my FJ40 to run like a sewing machine, so I chose a Aisin carb. This thing can sit for 3 weeks and fire right up in 2 seconds. Plus get good mileage.

Now if you want to jump rocks/stumps and climb sand dunes go for the weber. Also choose the weber if you don't mind tweaking it about once a month minimum.

I wouldn't have a weber on my landcruiser evem if they were less money.

There are a few guys that seem to like them. Most of the guys that like em are way above average in the mechanical aptitude.

Aaron

Once I tweaked my Weber is has always worked - it does like Warm weather - not cold - needs very clean gas and air - wants properly tuned valves - needs lower fuel pressure- and it does not like steep angles- Which is why it sucks ass for a real cruiser.

I seem to get around 12-14 mpg with a 38/38 ,header, and 3.70 gears with 33" tires. I have yet to have problem with it off road, but most of the stuff around here is just trail riding, not much serious off camber stuff. But for a stock rig, you might want to consider getting the stock one rebuilt. Especially seeing as how weber has been on strike for quite a while and it doesn't seem like anyone has any carbs.

Very happy customer of Mark's for a rebuilt carb. No experience with a weber, but I personally think the stock Aisan carb is just right for an F/2F

mine has very nice power, have yet to figure mileage.

Stay with the stock carb, they work. Webers take time to get dialed in and it seems they never stay that way. Tempermental off camber.

I have a non-USA Aisin carb on mine along with a non-USA dizzy and love it. Plenty of power and reasonable mileage considering a LC is like pushing a barn door around. The non-USA carbs are well priced and well worth the $$. SOR has them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom