Which 60s Starter would you buy??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

guy who builts part in 80's son.jpg

iyazaki denso.jpg

That's good. They call themselves NariDa, and then pull the N D out of the name, and voila, a gen-you-wine ND starter.

Kinda a bummer, it shipped from Norwalk CA so I was hopeful.

When mine started going bad (turned out to be the mechanical clutch on the gear that engages the flywheel), I tried a regular rebuild (i.e. just replace all the contacts), and ended up grabbing a core from TorFab for like $30, and putting the fresh contacts in there. It starts almost like a new engine now. I think I put about $60 into the whole project, not counting the gas and ferry ticket to visit Mukilteo...

If you have the starter out, you should at least open it and take a look at the contacts. I'm betting one side is way worn. 5 minute job.

If you have the starter out, you should at least open it and take a look at the contacts. I'm betting one side is way worn. 5 minute job.
Didn't realize contacts would go bad in under 500 miles....who knew

May or may not be the contacts, but if you have it out, might as well open it up and take a peak. Nothing to lose.

May or may not be the contacts, but if you have it out, might as well open it up and take a peak. Nothing to lose.
Or....I can just return it for a refund and not waste another second on that s*** starter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom