Where's your Hi-Lift, (pics please)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where's it at? If outside the car does it rust? Best mount to a rack? Pics?

in the black vinyl bag in the rear seat footwell bungied to the front seat mounts. Photo once it gets light.

Rarely carry rear seat passengers & when I do the bag keeps it clean. Harder to steal, won't fly around the cab if I get hit, won't get bent in a fender bender.

It is kindof a pain to move the stuff that lands on top of it (softside cooler, jumper cables waiting for a bag to stow them in, etc) and unbungie/unbag before use, but that gives me time to think through any potential safety issues before I use the jack.

HTH, and good question! Look forward to other answers.

Up there between the gas cans.
FJ 60 complete007_edited.JPG

Rattle?

Do they rust?

Average rainfall in my area is 7". So no mine does not rust.

I use the DayStar rubber handle holder. No Rattle. The base has a hook on it for pulling T posts type fence post. It keeps the base weighted down enough so it does not rattle.

Mine is either under my rear seat, or attached to my 4x4labs rear bumper swing out. But it's only in/on the truck if it's coming on a trip with me. Otherwise it's in it's black vinyl bag in my garage.

Jack mount

I keep mine on my rear bumper (swing-out gate), sure it'll rust over time unless you keep it lubed, I'll usually spray the mechanical areas to keep it in working order.

I use a bungee cord wrapped around it to keep the handle from rattling, I've also sealed the hollow lever by using a spring bushing, a long bolt and a couple of large washers in order to cap the end so it (being vertical) does not fill with rain water and slowly rust from the inside out (I sprayed a bunch of White Lithium grease in there prior to sealing it).

83BJ60_rear_angle.jpg

Last edited:
Either strapped down in the rear seat foot well, or strapped down just in from the tailgate (48"). When I get to building a rear storage/sleeping dealy, I'll work it into that.

mine is up on the roof rack.
no noise i use a velcro strap to hold the handle in place. yes some slight rust but if you are keeping everything oiled and lubed like you are supposed to then no worries.

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture068.jpg

I can get more pictures from up top if you would like to see how its mounted or anything.

Here is a picture of mine on my rack.

hilift mount.jpg
hilift mount.jpg

Thanks for the pics guys, I'll probably mount it on my rack

mine is up on the roof rack.
no noise i use a velcro strap to hold the handle in place. yes some slight rust but if you are keeping everything oiled and lubed like you are supposed to then no worries.

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture068.jpg

I can get more pictures from up top if you would like to see how its mounted or anything.

who made your rack? do you have pictures of the rack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom