1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's Waldo (aka the locker switch)

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by hank14, Jul 1, 2005.

1. hank14

hank14

Media:
    I've been looking at cruiser ads a long time, searching for the ultimate deal. I have developed a sort of obsession with looking for 80 series with the ever elusive fr/rr locker switch. I am convinced that eBay sellers, autotraders, cars.comers and other have made a habit- almost a sick game out of taking pictures that come as close as possible to showing the locker dial, without really being able to see it. I wonder sometimes if they photoshop their pictures to make them a little darker, fuzzier, or something, so that you can never really tell if it is there.

It's nearly like Sharon Stone uncrossing her legs in the interrogation room. Did I see it? Could it be? Maybe if I look one more time it will appear.

Obviously, 99% of the folks don't know what that little dial is for, and they don't realize how sought after it can be for us mud types.

Does anyone else have this problem, and do I need therapy?

Really, I'm just patiently waiting for a nice 4 day weekend of not being on call.

Happy 4th. Go blow something up or something.

2. hank14

hank14

Media:
  3. mabrodis

mabrodis

I know exactly what you mean, and the ones that do show a picture of the VIN sticker, often times it's so small that when you enlarge it to see if it says K292 or K294 you honestly could make out either number. Ofcourse as far as buying I'd prefer the seller not know what they had, so a blatent picture of just the switch is telling, but then you know that they know what they have...all mind games! :D

4. thorvald

thorvald .......

Media:
    Albums:
    or at least you know that they knew enough to install a switch to make you think it has lockers ;)

5. hank14

hank14

Media:
    another perfect story.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=50560

I could spend less time digging out of stuck than I spend looking for that friggin knob.

Dan's post was hilarious, BTW. They check the code, but actually the door was replaced with one from a diff locked 80.