Where’s the weep hole on a FJ62 waterpump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve had some cooling issues lately and just replaced the thermostat, some hoses and the lower thermostat housing on my FJ62. I’m getting a bit of a small coolant puddle and occasionally the temp gauge creeps up a bit. It’s coming from near the waterpump and I’m wondering where the weep hole is? There’s a lot going on under there so it’s tough to get much of a visual inspection when your not sure where it’s located.

I was pretty thorough on getting the lower housing on there so hopefully that’s not leaking. I really should’ve replaced the hose from the lower housing to the waterpump while I was in there too!

So can anyone tell me where the weep hole is on the pump?

Mostly a lowest point, but have seen them at the top too, can u use a mirror or a 6 dollar usb cam? Good luck
I had one pump that would leak a lot when stopped, start engine again and stop and it would leak less, anyway, a new pump is not very expensive.

I’ll get under there and try to get a better look today. I tried yesterday using my phones flashlight but couldn’t see much.

I know they aren’t expensive but still a pain to change. Definitely want to make sure it’s the problem before I swap it out.

old style telescoping mirror and a flashlight should do the trick.

@fjman I had the same issue… I thought it was coming from the lower radiator hose or even a hairline crack in the bottom of the radiator, so I swapped out the radiator…

The problem persisted, and it ended up being the water pump, and it was leaking from the weep hole.

Swapping out the water pump definitely solved the issue.

I finally got out there to take a look and it appears its actually the upper radiator hose that's leaking. Could that cause an occasional spike in water temps???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom