1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the darn Fuel Filter?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by mts, Mar 10, 2004.

1. mts

mts

I know it's right in front of me.....probably laughing at me behind my back. :slap: It's ridiculous I can't find it. Perhaps I shouldn't have had all that cough syrup before I started looking for it. ???

Someone help a guy out.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

From reading this board for awhile, isn't it under the second row seats somewhere and PITA to get to?

3. ppc

ppc M Go Blue

There is a sock on the end of the fuel pump that resides in the tank but the true fuel filter is located under the intake manifold. The best way to get at it is from under the left front wheel well after removing the tire and the rubber skirts.

4. Beowulf

Beowulf

Mike,
    The fuel pump is under the second row seats in the tank. There is a "filter" around the pickup. I'm guessing you're looking for the canister type in-line fuel filter and that would be found on the left side of the engine bay, underneath the intake, close to the starter.

This recent thread will give you more information. Follow the links in the thread to yet another thread where removal and slotting of the filter bracket is discussed.

-B-