Where's the Cabin air filter for a 1995 KZJ73 with 3.0 Turbo Diesel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More than likely your nose and in your chest (lungs)...

cheers,
george.

I asked because my front Cabin Heater's not blowing out very Hot.. it's luke warm.. and I thought it might be a clogged filter.
Not I think I'll flush the system and replace the Thermostat... Any other Ideas?

I'd flush the system first. Worst case, you will have a clean system with fresh coolant.
Also, could be debris on/around the heater core. A bunch of junk tends to make it's way in there on these 70s after 25 years. Generally this leads to low airflow.

I'd flush the system first. Worst case, you will have a clean system with fresh coolant.
Also, could be debris on/around the heater core. A bunch of junk tends to make it's way in there on these 70s after 25 years. Generally this leads to low airflow.
If you don't mind.. can I lean on you for any diagram or instructions for accessing the Heater Core. I have No A/C. Just a front and rear Heater. The Rear Heater work's Excellent.. the front just blows out slightly warm & the Defroster doesn't work well enough to defrost.... Any Help is Greatly Appreciated.

If you don't mind.. can I lean on you for any diagram or instructions for accessing the Heater Core. I have No A/C. Just a front and rear Heater. The Rear Heater work's Excellent.. the front just blows out slightly warm & the Defroster doesn't work well enough to defrost.... Any Help is Greatly Appreciated.

Removed the dash and everything you see in front of you and the heater core will be there right in the middle, tucked away nice and safely.

I don't have the 75-Series shop manual on me right now but it's pretty easy to pull the metal dash.
Galaxies easier than most other cars from the 90s at least.

I don't have it in front me either but I think several links are floating around with pdf copies. I just don't know which ones are still active.

Removed the dash and everything you see in front of you and the heater core will be there right in the middle, tucked away nice and safely.
Thank You OG... Will do

I don't have it in front me either but I think several links are floating around with pdf copies. I just don't know which ones are still active.
It's a 73 model.. but I'll remove the dashboard as best I can. The Heater is located under the dash. It looks basically like a long box with openings on the left. My Model is a LHD... If any of this makes a difference.
If I run into a jam.. I'll post pictures and ask for more Help.
Regards,
PeterD

I asked because my front Cabin Heater's not blowing out very Hot.. it's luke warm.. and I thought it might be a clogged filter.
Not I think I'll flush the system and replace the Thermostat... Any other Ideas?
Hi
Before you start taking your dash apart...
What is actually your issue? Is it air-flow or heat-flow?
The question on the filter points to air-flow, the above statement rather points to heat-flow.
- Air-flow may be affected by blower function, air duct, filters ... where most solutions are in the dash.
- Heat-flow however starts with the hose from engine to heater valve, the valve itself and then heater-lines and -core. Most of that can be addressed from outside, without taking the dash apart: Check flow and maybe flush the heating fluid circuit. Maybe start with that?
My truck is also not good in heating. But I know why: the hose from the engine to the heater valve is not original and has a sharp bend that partially obstructs it.
Cheers Ralf.

Hi
Before you start taking your dash apart...
What is actually your issue? Is it air-flow or heat-flow?
The question on the filter points to air-flow, the above statement rather points to heat-flow.
- Air-flow may be affected by blower function, air duct, filters ... where most solutions are in the dash.
- Heat-flow however starts with the hose from engine to heater valve, the valve itself and then heater-lines and -core. Most of that can be addressed from outside, without taking the dash apart: Check flow and maybe flush the heating fluid circuit. Maybe start with that?
My truck is also not good in heating. But I know why: the hose from the engine to the heater valve is not original and has a sharp bend that partially obstructs it.
Cheers Ralf.
Ralf,
Ok... Good Info. The Blower is working Great... Strong.. but the Heat out put is a No Go. ( Luke Warm) at Best. Once I drive for about 1/2 hour it does get warmer.
Where's the hoses you talk about located. I'll trace their path and see if there's any kinks or obstruction.
The Rear Heater work's Excellent... The front dose not put out Strong heat.
If you can send me any pictures or schematics so I can follow the path... That will be Appreciated.
I'll flush the whole system. Q: will flushing the Radiator and system also Flush the Heater Core?. There are No leaks in my Coolant System. And no leaks in the Cabin compartment.
Please Advise.
Thanks M8.
Regards,
PeterD

Here is your heater system.

87107 is your heater core.

F73BF784-0B29-4EBF-8B80-82105186EBB2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom