1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where'd that write-up go?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by theferg, Feb 7, 2004.

1. theferg

theferg

Media:
    I could swore there was a write-up or tech article on 80 series full-float rear axle reuild. Or maybe it was just a full-float axle rebuild and not specifically an 80 series one...? Anybody know what I'm talkin' about? I'm not looking for anything specifically, just the site. ???

-Ferg-

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    Ben,

I'm not sure that anybody has actually done an honest-to-God writeup on the rear axle. Several members, my self included, have done them but I don't think it's been put into a tech form. I guess I should get of me arse and do it. :slap:

D-

3. Riley

Riley

There was a thread on this 80s forum about somebody making some notes on it. I'm just too lazy to search it down for you.

I remember that I really didn't understand the details at the time. I do need to do the research as well cause I've got all the parts in garage except the wheel bearings (and I might just win a set, you never know). It's on my long list too.

4. bjowett

bjowett Supporting Vendor

I will probably be getting around to doing some "maintaining" of the rear axle when the rebuilt 3rd w/ 4.88 gears goes in... I can shoot pictures of anything folks might want to see.

Oh yeah, if anyone needs Koyo outer wheel bearings LM102949 (no race), let me know, just won 58 of them on ebay for $60 including delivery... that's about $1.03/bearing. Who says there are no deals on ebay?????? :flipoff2:

5. Scott_sFZJ80

Scott_sFZJ80

Media:
    Albums:
    This is the one that you are thinking of created by Klunky Chris but unfortunately the website appears to be down. I did make a print out of it that I could scan for you or you could always PM Chris for some cleaner copies or links.

http://www.iluvrocks.com/fzj80_rear_bearing.htm

6. Riley

Riley

7. theferg

theferg

Media:
    I'm pretty suer that is that one I was thinking of. I found it in my bookmarks. That totally needs to be back online and hooked up to tech links....

-Ferg-

8. Klunky Chris

Klunky Chris

SORRY GUYS! :doh:

yea, I did the big write up with pics and all

My website is on my personal server which is having issues right now.... :slap:

I'm trying to get it back up.

If anyone is real interested and needs it right away, I could E-mail the Frontpage files to you.

Sorry again, I'll see what I can do ::)

9. theferg

theferg

Media:
    No big deal really. I am doing a write-up on installing FZJ80 e-lockers into my FJ60 and just wanted to reference and link your write-up on it as to how to rebuld a FF rear axle assembly ('cause a 60 series rear FF is very close to being the same).

-Ferg-

10. Klunky Chris

Klunky Chris

NP
    I'm working on the server/network as I speak :D

I'm on the phone with linksys though cause the darn bran-spankin wireless router I bought today from "The Big Yellow Tag" is only working at 10mbps.... not 100mbps..... grrrrrrr :flipoff2:

from what I've seen the axle rebuild is the same, I don't know if the parts are the same or not. I know the lock nut tool is exactly the same :D

I'll keep everyone updated

11. theferg

theferg

Media:
    Yup. The main difference being the 60 series axle is drum brake and the 80 is disc. I actually read through and followed yours when I rebuilt mine a month or so ago.

-Ferg-

12. Klunky Chris

Klunky Chris

yea.......
    the wireless router is now working with my work laptop (the IT dept said it couldn't :p) and the website is now back up!

I'll leave it up 24/7 so the only reason it sholuld go down now is if the server chokes. (or I don't pay my Sprint bill... ::) )

now... EVERYONE GO LOOK AT ONCE SO YOU CAN KILL MY BW!!!!

*he he*

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">