Where to run RCA cables? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruxarche

SILVER Star
Threads
I have power running down both door channels and would like to avoid running my RCAs there. Is there an obvious alternative wire run from the dash to the cargo area subwoofer?

Are you trying to avoid "noise?" What about shielded RCA cables? You could try dash to A-pillar to head liner? I'm in a '94 so any talk of the headliner causes its own form of anxiety.

Are you trying to avoid "noise?" What about shielded RCA cables? You could try dash to A-pillar to head liner? I'm in a '94 so any talk of the headliner causes its own form of anxiety.
Yes. Trying to avoid noise. those runs are also pretty stuffed with factory wires and aux power. I am in a 93. So headliner is a no go. I think I will try and run it under the carpet somewhere.

I ran mine down the passenger side with the power cable to my amp and I haven’t had any issues. I’m running an 8” sub and a speaker bar off the amp. It sounds pretty good to me. If you’re worried about interference you could run them down the middle of the truck and under the rear seats.

I ran mine from the dash under the shift console thing and than under the carpet inbetween the center console and the drivers seat.

I ran mine down the passenger side with the power cable to my amp and I haven’t had any issues. I’m running an 8” sub and a speaker bar off the amp. It sounds pretty good to me. If you’re worried about interference you could run them down the middle of the truck and under the rear seats.
Seems like some times it’s fine and some times there are issues. I guess I’ll try it and if its an issue I’ll try the Capet approach. We’re you able to snake the wires under the carpet or did you have to remove the carpet?

Decent cables won’t pick up noise. The connections would be more susceptible if anything.

I used a Stinger SI4617. It's a six-channel cable that lays flat. I ran it down the middle. I already had the carpet out to clean it, but you could probably get pretty far using a fish tape. I think you'd have to at least remove the rear seats to deal with the hump under them.

(It's cheaper on Amazon, but the Amazon link doesn't have a good photo)

I don't have a lot of extra stuff going on in my rig yet. I ran my power on the driver's side, and the rca's on the passenger side. The silly JBL I'm using didn't need a ton of power. I think I only used a 10 gauge kit for it. My Rca's are also just random ones from an electronics store out here that sold 20 footers.
If you disregard the fact I just removed a $500 head unit and installed a $200 one, I'm $500 all in for my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom