where to purchase leaf springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you just want to get rid of butt sag you might check out Add a leaf type of fix..should be lots of posts on it. did it to mine lifted it up a lot..but has a bit of bounce now..seems to be getting better now after about 1k on them

How about re-arcing the springs?

thats not bad....I mean I plan to use the stock parts and buy new bushings and leafes is all I need. 400 bucks and an afternoon....I should be ok....unless it sold by then :)

I didn't use the OME springs because they were more lift than I wanted and required anti-inversion shackles, which I didn't want to spend the $$ on.

Re-arching has not seemed to work very well with the cruisers I have seen. MIke

If you are looking for the best upfront advice, customer service and support afterwards?

Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters.

Have you thought about using some add-a-leafs?
I did a search on it, but it seems (my perception) that they do work, but eventually they will flat out and you will have to redo them again. The cost is not bad I can see, but once im under there I dont go do it again 6 months later......Im still considering it depending on finacnes and how much I have left over after finding a FJ40.

Its true they will flatten out, but that usually happens a lot faster if your rig is SOA. Being that you are still SUA, they will last a lot longer.

In the end its all about what you want to spend, personally if I was still SUA and was going to buy some new springs I would opt for some lift springs.

Staying stock height, the AALs do a nice job if you get the long ones and are easy to install. Also a lot cheaper.

here some pics I took this morning they seem pretty flat to me and look at the shocks so compressed and they are brand new rancho shocks.
100_0645.jpg

100_0644.jpg

Over the years I have tried every imaginable approach to "fixing" leaf springs. Rearching works for only a short time (its a spring, it goes back to it's original shape) add a leafs are most often harsh and require as much work a replacing the whole spring. Shocks are not springs and cannot be expected to support the vehicle, that's not what they do. New springs are the only real fix. Call Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters, he will take care of you. I can't say enough good about the OMEs that I have (200,000 miles on them) or about Kurt.

Over the years I have tried every imaginable approach to "fixing" leaf springs. Rearching works for only a short time (its a spring, it goes back to it's original shape) add a leafs are most often harsh and require as much work a replacing the whole spring. Shocks are not springs and cannot be expected to support the vehicle, that's not what they do. New springs are the only real fix. Call Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters, he will take care of you. I can't say enough good about the OMEs that I have (200,000 miles on them) or about Kurt.

x2...replacing the springs is really the correct way to go if are considering getting in there and doing it yourself. Granted your time is free and even if you dont mind going in there, rearching, add-a-leaf, etc you are only buying yourself some time. New shocks will help a little but worn springs will wear them down quick. If you plan on keepin the truck, you should go ahead and replace the springs. you will be surprised at the ride difference of new springs not to mention it's a lot safer to drive too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom