Where to purchase headlights like Depo? Projector headlight project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red Beard

Cruisin'
Threads
Website
cruisin4parts.com
Might be a dumb question but I couldn’t find an answer via search.
I’m planning my projector headlight retrofit project and have been trying to source a new pair of headlight assemblies. Since mine are already faded and yellowed, I’m following a suggestion of just ordering the Depo replacements and placing the projectors in there. That way, I can always go back to the stock ones if I need to.

I found these on eBay but they don’t say Depo or a manufacturer anywhere. Headlight Set For 2006-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser Left and Right 2Pc | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/351773486782

Not sure if he still does but @ranma21 used to stock DEPO stuff.

I would not bother with projectors they are not that good, just use what you have OEM lights but install Xeon 150W 6000K bulbs you will be more than happy with the lights

I would not bother with projectors they are not that good, just use what you have OEM lights but install Xeon 150W 6000K bulbs you will be more than happy with the lights

And BLIND everyone out there, not a good thing there.

And anything over 4300K is a waste of money anyways.

I really desire folks to educate themselves before just throwing stuff in their headlights!\

It's like Spandex, Just because you can DOES NOT mean you should, lol...

I really desire folks to educate themselves before just throwing stuff in their headlights!\

With proper projectors/shrouds retrofitted you arent blinding anyone? HID and LED on the halogen housing I agree.

Most OEM/Morimoto/high quality projectors are exactly 4300.
Spandex you’re 10000% right 😂

BLIND everyone? has seen new LED by Ford or and other cars like Laser BMW they are pushing 200W each with 6000K so if you do not have the competitive output you are in the blind spot. I have experimented with all types of lights I am speaking from experiance. and you will not blind anyone if you use proper argument spec

Any luck finding
I did find an eBay seller who has them. I haven't made my write up on my retrofits yet, but I did post a little something in the weekly thread here where I mentioned where I found the DEPO lights: What have you done to your 100 Series this week? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/what-have-you-done-to-your-100-series-this-week.609679/page-1468#post-13850219

This is the eBay page I referenced, but it looks like they're out of stock today:

If you search for the Depo lights on ebay, a bunch of listings do come up.
Here's one: For 05-07 Land Cruiser Headlight Headlamp Head Light Lamp Left & Right Set PAIR | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/272541582770?hash=item3f74be85b2:g:GksAAOSwbtNaTUsz
Definitely research the seller first, you gotta make sure they are in fact DEPO brand.

BLIND everyone? has seen new LED by Ford or and other cars like Laser BMW they are pushing 200W each with 6000K so if you do not have the competitive output you are in the blind spot. I have experimented with all types of lights I am speaking from experiance. and you will not blind anyone if you use proper argument spec
x1000

The generic statement above was a bit broad. Not sure he realized what we were talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom